h1b and 498a dowry allegation

virtualgod

my wife in india has filed all this rubbish against me and i think now time has come for charges to be filed. I have heard if I go to India, I may not get my passport back. I will surely lose my job then and hence I do not want to visit India

I have a lawyer though. Secondly, if I do not go when charges are framed, sooner or later I will get a warrant, then a non bailable warrant and then an absconder. 

What happens after that? My visa also expires in a few months.

Will the US govt renew my visa if my wife sends information about warrants to the US embassy or USCIS? 

What is the way out? 

my wife in india has filed all this rubbish against me and i think now time has come for charges to be filed. I have heard if I go to India, I may not get my passport back. I will surely lose my job then and hence I do not want to visit India

I have a lawyer though. Secondly, if I do not go when charges are framed, sooner or later I will get a warrant, then a non bailable warrant and then an absconder. 

What happens after that? My visa also expires in a few months.

Will the US govt renew my visa if my wife sends information about warrants to the US embassy or USCIS? 

What is the way out? 

You need an attorney before you do ANYTHING.

Initially I felt that these kinds of complaints were fake but recently I read an article where it clearly states that people in India are misusing "498a".

cap-gap, the stay thing is a good suggestion and I am aware of it but there have to be some grounds on which to get a stay. The real dilemma is that my wife's intention was that I move back to India with her. I denied that as she was aware of this before marriage. Now her only goal is to harass me to either get money out of me if the marriage breaks or I agree to move to India and live with her.

Now the problem is that if I go to India to get a bail, I may not get permission to leave the country easily for I dnt know how many months. Maybe even up to 6-12 months. I have heard horror stories.

On the other hand, if I do not go, certainly there will be a warrant and the grounds of stay on taht warrant will be what? i am so lost as I do not see what grounds I would have to defend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived