Graduate certificate program

Hi ,

I am trying to pursue graduate certificate in computer information systems. 

I confirmed with the University that I will be eligible for opt with graduate certificate.

My question is, Will there be any issue  getting a H1B , regarding credential evaluation?

Right now.. I have Msc chemistry and 4 years of related experience. My employer applied for H1 but it got rejected because my background is chemistry and applied for software job.

Thank you in advance.

Hi ,

I confirmed with the University that I will be eligible for opt with graduate certificate.

My question is, Will there be any issue  getting a H1B , regarding credential evaluation?

Right now.. I have Msc chemistry and 4 years of related experience. My employer applied for H1 but it got rejected because my background is chemistry and applied for software job.

Thank you in advance.

Your education (4 years) has to be related to your job specialization. How did you or your employer/attorney think that with a degree in M.Sc Chemistry can file a H1B for a software job?

@jairichi: I have 4 years of experience as a QA and I am on H4 currently. 

@ JoeF... I  understand that certificate does not make us qualified for H1. But this is a certificate program from a very good university in USA which runs for one year. All the courses that are offered in this program qualify too obtain a masters degree (if we spend another 1 yr) . In fact students pursuing certificate program and masters program sit in the same class.

If even that is not going to do, Will it be sufficient to acquire a H1 if I do Masters in Computer science? Does my previous education still hunt me in getting a H1?

Thank you.

Hi ,

Thank you in advance.

You need degree for H1 not certificate.

Hi ,

Thank you in advance.

and don't waste your time and money on these certificates.

@ JoeF... I  understand that certificate does not make us qualified for H1. But this is a certificate program from a very good university in USA which runs for one year. All the courses that are offered in this program qualify too obtain a masters degree (if we spend another 1 yr) . In fact students pursuing certificate program and masters program sit in the same class.

If even that is not going to do, Will it be sufficient to acquire a H1 if I do Masters in Computer science? Does my previous education still hunt me in getting a H1?

Thank you.

If you are doing your Master's from an accredited, non profit university you should be good. A certificate course will be of no help even if PhD students are attending classes as part of their first year course work.

But this is a certificate program from a very good university in USA which runs for one year. All the courses that are offered in this program qualify too obtain a masters degree (if we spend another 1 yr) . In fact students pursuing certificate program and masters program sit in the same class.

If that's the case then why did they have two programs for same degree??

Their is difference that's why they have two different programs.

I think yes, but I am not sure here.

Thank you.

You need a degree, NOT a certificate.

It doesn't matter how good the certificate program is, you need a degree.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

Thank you in advance.

Hi ,

Thank you in advance.

Hi ,

I am looking for options for graduate certificate in computer information systems. Just wondering which university you have done it from?

Thanks

Jyoti

Archived