Headed for Stamping in Delhi consulate - got questions related to Vendor in EVC model and likelihood of being asked for a vendor letter

Arjun07

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking out time to read my post - I just recently starting following this forum, so any help would be appreciated.   I'm working for a ABC consulting firm and on an EVC model.  My client is a financial and insurance services company and I'm working for the client through one of its main vendors.  The vendor is a direct client for my employer.  I will be going for stamping in the Delhi consulate in a few weeks from now, so I wanted to know what would be a smart way of answering the question - if there is an agent/vendor between my employer and the client?  

I have seen many cases that folks get issued 221g in such a scenario.

Also my client is willing to provide a client letter but my vendor doesn't provide one.  The client letter does have my vendor's name mentioned that I work through them in their company along with my roles/responsibilities but it doesn't have my employer's name mentioned anywhere.  Can that be a problem?  Based on experience, does the VO specifically also ask for a vendor letter along with the client letter?  I'm taking with me a contract copy of my employer and the vendor, would that help instead of a vendor letter?

I have hardly seen people posting experience related to Delhi in this forum so I will appreciate any help.  I will make sure I post my experience for my fellow Delhites and other Indians appearing for H1 stamping in future. 

Thanks,
Arjun  

You have to tell is the truth if you have vendor in between you have to tell them.

Also to prove Employee-employer relationship it is needed that you have client letter mention your employer name on client letter and also mention that you are working through the vendor(vendor name in client letter as well) that way even if your vendor does not provide client letter you can cover that using your client letter. also you can show the email proof that vendor does not providing the letter... 

so I wanted to know what would be a smart way of answering the question - if there is an agent/vendor between my employer and the client?  

Truth.

Also my client is willing to provide a client letter but my vendor doesn't provide one.  The client letter does have my vendor's name mentioned that I work through them in their company along with my roles/responsibilities but it doesn't have my employer's name mentioned anywhere.  Can that be a problem?  Based on experience, does the VO specifically also ask for a vendor letter along with the client letter?  I'm taking with me a contract copy of my employer and the vendor, would that help instead of a vendor letter?

You need to have your employer's name in your client letter, that verifies the EE relationship.

This is the first time I heard that vendor is not providing the letter, if that's the case then why don't you dump that guy and go for another project.

Archived