Looking for Quarterly-based Public/Non-Profit Universities for MS in Telecommunications

Zohaibiq

Hello All,

I have been following this forum as I am in a fix. I have completed my masters program in Technology Management (formerly known as industrial management) in December 2012. I worked for a telecom company with CPT to get exposure in the telecom industry. With a project work in hand, I received OPT in July, 2012 until July, 2013. During the tenure of 1 year, I have worked for telecom related jobs. I had applied for OPT Extension in May, 2013. I sincerely had grown interest in telecommunications for which I was continuing my work in this domain until I received an RFE and later a DENIAL notice from the USCIS on October 4, 2013. I had checked with my University and found out that my SEVIS shows completed. I understand my course was not related to my work, but I haven't received the letter from USCIS yet describing the reason for the denial.

At this stage, I have realized that it's never too late to get into a university to get a graduate degree in telecommunications. Can anyone suggest me any quarterly based public/non-profit institutions so I can get enrolled and complete the masters program? Your suggestions will greatly help me in pursuing my career.

Hello All,

I have been following this forum as I am in a fix. I have completed my masters program in Technology Management (formerly known as industrial management) in December 2012. I worked for a telecom company with CPT to get exposure in the telecom industry. With a project work in hand, I received OPT in July, 2012 until July, 2013. During the tenure of 1 year, I have worked for telecom related jobs. I had applied for OPT Extension in May, 2013. I sincerely had grown interest in telecommunications for which I was continuing my work in this domain until I received an RFE and later a DENIAL notice from the USCIS on October 4, 2013. I had checked with my University and found out that my SEVIS shows completed. I understand my course was not related to my work, but I haven't received the letter from USCIS yet describing the reason for the denial.

At this stage, I have realized that it's never too late to get into a university to get a graduate degree in telecommunications. Can anyone suggest me any quarterly based public/non-profit institutions so I can get enrolled and complete the masters program? Your suggestions will greatly help me in pursuing my career.

What is your status in US now? Your OPT extension is denied and if your I94 is expired you are accumulating illegal presence in US. Admission for fall 2013 is over and classes have started. Look for spring 2014. But, you would have to leave US immediately as applying and gaining admission for a course does not confer you any status.

There are lots and lots of public universities out there.

Talk with the admissions office at one of them near where you live. If you apply, they may enroll you for next spring or fall, and they may accept some or all of your previous credits.

Until the admission, likely in Spring or in Fall, you most likely will have to leave the country.

Archived