Is PIMS verification process effected with GOVT shutdown?

keshavardhan

Hi All,

Is PIMS system in Louisville, KY really effected with the govt shutdown..? As PIMS is maintained by Homeland security and homeland security serviced are effected by BUDGET cuts wondering if this is also effected by Govt shutdown. I came to know that homeland security services are effected by govt shutdown by going through their website which says we are effected by govt shutdown.

Is anyone out there attended interview after Govt shutdown and VO said their PIMS is not verified and got passport with verification done..? Please post your response as i have my VISA interview next week i am really worried if we might be struck there with PIMS verification issue as this govt is shutdown and no one has a clue when they will open. 

This is what i have seen in DHS website.

Due to the Lapse in Federal Funding, This Website Will Not be Actively Managed. More info | En Español Lapse in Federal Funding Impact on DHS Website Operations Notice

NOTICE:  Due to the lapse in federal funding, this website will not be actively managed. This website was last updated on September 30, 2013 and will not be updated until after funding is enacted. As such, information on this website may not be up to date.  Transactions submitted via this website might not be processed and we will not be able to respond to inquiries until after appropriations are enacted.

Hi Prince2002,

Thanks for gathering information about Homeland security. Actually i said wrongly in the above post as PIMS is maintained by Department of states and PIMS is actually part of Department of states and the data that comes for PIMS is from KCC(Kentucky consular center). I am not sure if this part of the Department of states is shutdown or not but looks like most of the employees of department of states are working and the website says if it is self funded then they will be open and i am wondering if part of the H1B application fee is paid to maintain KCC/PIMS or part of VISA interview fee is paid for them if any one of the process pays the fee for their maintenance then we are good with PIMS and they are not shutdown with Govt shutdown.

I had interview on Oct 2nd in Toronto. The VO gave 221g yellow saying "PIMS not updated". I saw the same written on ds-160 confirmation " PIMS expired". I got email from next day asking to submit the passport, which I did the same day:Status is still showing  "Admin processing". Hope it will be updated to "issued" by COB Monday 10/07.

Hi Kiran335,

Thanks for posting your experience. Congrats on your visa approval. Could you please reply on this post once you receive your passport so that we know at least the PIMS is not effected by govt shutdown if you get passport today...

I am waiting for the status update. It was last updated on Oct 3rd and still in "Administrative processing".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response. My case:

Interview on Oct 2nd 2013 , no docs asked , only 3 questions (2 regarding degree and project) said PIMS not updated and gave 221g

Got email to submit PP on oct 3rd 2013 , submitted the same day.

Status updated on Oct 18 2013 to issued. Got phone call and email to collect the PP at the consulate.

Looks like Toronto Conulate is slow in processing the pending visa's. I sent 3 emails asking about the status but no one replied.

@kiran335

Hope you got things straightened out....could you please let us know on how long it took for pims to get updated in your case...

Thanks

Archived