H1-B Visa Validity..

sameer24p

Hi All,

I was on a H1-B visa in USA working for an employer. However, I quit the job and moved to Singapore in Sept 2012. However, my passport still has H1-B visa validity as Sept 2014.  Now I am planning to join the same employer and return back to US. In this scenario, I want to know how it works ? Does the company have to file a totally new H1-B ? Also does my SSN from before still be valid or I have to apply from scratch. I have been in US for 10 years before moving to SG. I appreciate your responses and help in this matter.

Thanks

Sam

Hi All,

I was on a H1-B visa in USA working for an employer. However, I quit the job and moved to Singapore in Sept 2012. However, my passport still has H1-B visa validity as Sept 2014.  Now I am planning to join the same employer and return back to US. In this scenario, I want to know how it works ? Does the company have to file a totally new H1-B ? Also does my SSN from before still be valid or I have to apply from scratch. I have been in US for 10 years before moving to SG. I appreciate your responses and help in this matter.

Thanks

Sam

If your I797 is not valid anymore or employer has revoked your H1B then your employer has to file a cap exempt petition and on approval you can travel with new I797 and unexpired H1B visa.

Archived