Entry on H4 Visa

Pvanchin

Currently my wife holds a H4 Visa which is valid until september 2014. She got this H4 when I was working in Company A. She entered USA with that visa in june and left to India after staying for 2 months. Currently my H1B is in transfer process to Company B. I confirmed with my previous employer that h1B wilth company A is still not revoked. 

Now,

1) Can she enter USA with her existing H4 which is valid until Sep 2014?

2) Does she need to wait staying in India until my H1B transfer decision is made?

3) Does she need to get her H4 Transferred before she can enter USA again?

Currently my wife holds a H4 Visa which is valid until september 2014. She got this H4 when I was working in Company A. She entered USA with that visa in june and left to India after staying for 2 months. Currently my H1B is in transfer process to Company B. I confirmed with my previous employer that h1B wilth company A is still not revoked.

Now,

1) Can she enter USA with her existing H4 which is valid until Sep 2014?

2) Does she need to wait staying in India until my H1B transfer decision is made?

3) Does she need to get her H4 Transferred before she can enter USA again?

I believe it is better to wait for your H1B approval before she travels back to US. Once approved she can travel with her existing unexpired visa and a copy of your I797 from company B.

Archived