Is it ok to go for visa stamping to canada without having any paystubs that got generated on h1?

hectar

I am F1 student now on stem opt, my h1 got approved for 1 year, starts on october 1st 2013. I have visa appointment scheduled on october 29th in  calgary, canada. .I will have paystub that got generated on october 15th which is for billing period sep 15 to sep30. But As my visa appointment is on october 29th I will not have any paystubs to show to VO that got generated after start of my h1 start date, will that be any problem?

should I postpone my visa appointment to november or december, so that I atleast have one or two paystubs that got generated on my h1?

I have paystubs for last one year with no gap, no difference in hourly rate, but these got generated on my stem opt.

Once my h1 starts my employer says he cannot pay me same hourly rate (there will be decrease by 5%), if there is a difference in hourly rate on paystubs that are on my h1, to my paystubs that are on my stem opt, will that be a problem? when I postpone visa appointment to november or december?

Please advise?

Thank you in advance.

I am F1 student now on stem opt, my h1 got approved for 1 year, starts on october 1st 2013. I have visa appointment scheduled on october 29th in  calgary, canada. .I will have paystub that got generated on october 15th which is for billing period sep 15 to sep30. But As my visa appointment is on october 29th I will not have any paystubs to show to VO that got generated after start of my h1 start date, will that be any problem?

should I postpone my visa appointment to november or december, so that I atleast have one or two paystubs that got generated on my h1?

I have paystubs for last one year with no gap, no difference in hourly rate, but these got generated on my stem opt.

Once my h1 starts my employer says he cannot pay me same hourly rate (there will be decrease by 5%), if there is a difference in hourly rate on paystubs that are on my h1, to my paystubs that are on my stem opt, will that be a problem? when I postpone visa appointment to november or december?

Please advise?

Thank you in advance.

You should not have any problem with your current pay stubs scenario. It is my opinion.

Regarding your pay on H1B, at consulate VO does not care about your hourly rates (it does not exist). As long as you are paid equal or more salary that is mentioned in your LCA you should be fine.

Please advise?

Thank you in advance.

No problem. You are good to go, and just explain the same to vo.

It will be a problem if you are not getting paid.

Hi,

I'm also in the same about just getting my first H1b after opt. I have already asked my lawyer this and she told me  that won't be any problem. We can show them our opt pay stubs its just that pay in LCA should match with the amount in pay stubs.

Thanks,

Karthik Kandra.

Hi hectar,

Thanks for posting this topic as I have a similar situation. Moreover I have scheduled my interview on 30th at Calgary. Let me know if you are willing to share accommodation.

HI shadow31

Thank you for reply. yes, I am willing to share accomodation, please let me know.

You should not have any problem with your current pay stubs scenario. It is my opinion.

Regarding your pay on H1B, at consulate VO does not care about your hourly rates (it does not exist). As long as you are paid equal or more salary that is mentioned in your LCA you should be fine.

Thank you jairichi for response, it is helpfull.

No problem. You are good to go, and just explain the same to vo.

It will be a problem if you are not getting paid.

Thank you for reply rahul, can i say to VO that there is decrease in pay with my agreement with employer, if he in case asks questions about change in my pay?

Hi,

I'm also in the same about just getting my first H1b after opt. I have already asked my lawyer this and she told me  that won't be any problem. We can show them our opt pay stubs its just that pay in LCA should match with the amount in pay stubs.

Thanks,

Karthik Kandra.

Thank you kkandra. my pay in paystubs is higher than in LCA, will that be ok? or does it need to match exactly?

Hi hectar,

Thanks for posting this topic as I have a similar situation. Moreover I have scheduled my interview on 30th at Calgary. Let me know if you are willing to share accommodation.

Hi

for calgary consulate, what is the loomis branch that we have to select?, which is closer?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived