H4 filing location

x2moolaite

I am in US, I have approved H1 and my wife will now file her H4 : form I-539. Last year she had filed for her L2 extension (the same I-539 form) online on USCIS ELIS.  The form instructions for I-539 always say to send application to Dallas Lockbox if principal applicant has an approved I-129, which I did. Even then, on submitting I-539 online, it was routed to Vermont center and we had to send supporting docs to Vermont instead of Dallas. This year there is no option of filing H4 online on USCIS ELIS so there will not be an automatic routing. She has to send her paper application. Should she send her application to Dallas Lockbox because my I already have an approved I-129 on H1? My experience due to last year's online filing makes me wonder.

I am in US, I have approved H1 and my wife will now file her H4 : form I-539. Last year she had filed for her L2 extension (the same I-539 form) online on USCIS ELIS.  The form instructions for I-539 always say to send application to Dallas Lockbox if principal applicant has an approved I-129, which I did. Even then, on submitting I-539 online, it was routed to Vermont center and we had to send supporting docs to Vermont instead of Dallas. This year there is no option of filing H4 online on USCIS ELIS so there will not be an automatic routing. She has to send her paper application. Should she send her application to Dallas Lockbox because my I already have an approved I-129 on H1? My experience due to last year's online filing makes me wonder.

If she is applying for her COS alone she needs to send it to dallas lockbox facility. Only when it is filed together with primary applicant's I129 it has to be addressed to California or Vermont service center.

Archived