H1-B transfer Urgent

lvnchebrl

Hi,

Applied for H1B thru company A this april 2013 and got it approved and is effective from Oct 1st 2013. But I got another offer from company B in the last week of Sept 2013. The issue right now is I am not on any project with company A and due to government shutdown and DOL not functioning company B is unable to go ahead and proceed with H1 transfer.

So, in this kind of situation what options do I have? The company B is asking me to start working for company A and get the paycheck for this month. But are there any other alternatives without depending on the paychecks from company A?

Suggestions appreciated!Thank you.

Hi,

Applied for H1B thru company A this april 2013 and got it approved and is effective from Oct 1st 2013. But I got another offer from company B in the last week of Sept 2013. The issue right now is I am not on any project with company A and due to government shutdown and DOL not functioning company B is unable to go ahead and proceed with H1 transfer.

So, in this kind of situation what options do I have? The company B is asking me to start working for company A and get the paycheck for this month. But are there any other alternatives without depending on the paychecks from company A?

Suggestions appreciated!Thank you.

Whether you are in project or not company A has to pay your salary. If not you are out of status. File a complaint with DOL if company A does not pay you.

Company B is right. The other option you have is to exit US and enter on a H1B visa when your H1B petition is approved with company B.

If you are working for A, then you need pay check. Their is NO ALTERNATIVE, if he is not paying you then file a complaint against that FRAUD employer.

Thanks for your suggestions Jairichi and rahul412.

How would I proceed if Company B starts the transfer process immediately after the DOL starts functioning say sometime in mid october(being positive) and files for the H1 transfer. Even in that case I won't be having a paycheck. In such a kind of situation how would I go about the transfer.

Thanks for your suggestions Jairichi and rahul412.

How would I proceed if Company B starts the transfer process immediately after the DOL starts functioning say sometime in mid october(being positive) and files for the H1 transfer. Even in that case I won't be having a paycheck. In such a kind of situation how would I go about the transfer.

You cannot file for H1 transfer without latest pay-stubs. That's the only doc which proves that you are on H1 from Oct 1st.

If you want to do it without latest pay stubs then you have leave US and enter with new H1.

Archived