GC in 5Yrs. and alternartives

Hi Friends,

My questions are -

If 5 Yrs of my visa are left and my employer starts my GC process in EB2 category, will i be able to get it before my H1B visa here is finished?

Is there any stage in GC process after which i will be able to stay and work here even before my GC comes?

In case my GC doesn't come before my H1B is finished, are their any other alternatives like applying H1B again while being in 5th yr. of present H1B ? What can be the impact since H1B is a lottery system now?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Avinash

Yes. If you receive your GC before you complete your 6 yr H1B period, then the remaining H1 period gets void and you are considered a Permanant Resident.

Incase your GC is still in process after your 6 yrs, your employer can extend your H1B after the 6th yr based on Approved I-140. You are not in the Quota or any Lottery system. You still have lot of time..so I would relax and not worry much right away :)

Hi Friends,

My questions are -

If 5 Yrs of my visa are left and my employer starts my GC process in EB2 category, will i be able to get it before my H1B visa here is finished?

Is there any stage in GC process after which i will be able to stay and work here even before my GC comes?

In case my GC doesn't come before my H1B is finished, are their any other alternatives like applying H1B again while being in 5th yr. of present H1B ? What can be the impact since H1B is a lottery system now?

Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

Avinash

Once your I140 is approved you can extend your H1B stay beyond 6 years till you get your GC

Archived