Jamaica Stamping Experience H1 & H4 on Oct 1st 2013

kchag99

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you my Stamping experience in Jamaica.

My wife is a full time employee at x company and i am on H4 from past 4 months (As i had been working until June).

We were asked no of questions at POE to Jamaica and was given 30 days Entry Period Into Jamaica...as India is a Common wealth country and have agreement with Jamaica , You would be allowed into Jamaica without Visa.

I came here on H4 and did COS using CAPGAP in May 2012 and again came on to H4 by Automatic Visa Revalidation when my Project got completed in June 2013).

Experience in Jamaica :

We booked our slots on Oct 1st 2013 and , we were in Jamaica on 30th of September.

We booked our accomodation at Raggae hostel at Burlington Avenue which is 15min away from U.S Embassy.

We were there at 9.00am in the morning (There are many people waiting Inside and are made to sit after finger printing).

We went Inside for the Interview at 10.30 am and we were called by the Visa officer

(As i am on h4 and my wife on h1 we attended the Interview at the same Counter).

(I was little bit tensed as I was working here by doing COS and VO would ask me about that.....)...

Interview was so simple

VO was a lady.......She worked in Hyderabad before and she was little bit familiar with telugu as she told us she had learnt telugu for 9 months before she got posted as VO in Hyderabad...

1) She asked my wife her I-797 and her W-2 and her responsibility at her Company

2) She asked our marriage Certificate

3) She asked me weather i would work on H4 ? " I said No"

She told our Visas are approved and we can collect our visas on Thursday i.e Oct 3rd at embassy...

"While typing in her system she talked about hyderabadi food and biryani which she liked very much when she was in hyderabad"

So if someone is coming to Jamaica be well prepared " Community is not that safe and we have to be well equipped with the sorroundings and accomodation is expensive....

The positive point that I found with the embassy is "The deal mostly with Fiancee,Visitor,Immigration" Compared to these H Visas are less......So if you are confident with paper work then its better to get stamped at Jamaica...

As my personal experience looking and hearing experience near the Counters of VO'S  " People who are sub-contractors and didn't have client letter got their H1 Stamped by showing the Client vendor relationship"

Guys good luck who appear stamping at Jamaica and I sincerely suggest not to come here without correct paper work ....."Bcz if you are struck here ......u will have hell here" Reg: (Community,Traffic, Accomodation and Going from here to home country)

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you my Stamping experience in Jamaica.

My wife is a full time employee at x company and i am on H4 from past 4 months (As i had been working until June).

We were asked no of questions at POE to Jamaica and was given 30 days Entry Period Into Jamaica...as India is a Common wealth country and have agreement with Jamaica , You would be allowed into Jamaica without Visa.

I came here on H4 and did COS using CAPGAP in May 2012 and again came on to H4 by Automatic Visa Revalidation when my Project got completed in June 2013).

Experience in Jamaica :

We booked our slots on Oct 1st 2013 and , we were in Jamaica on 30th of September.

We booked our accomodation at Raggae hostel at Burlington Avenue which is 15min away from U.S Embassy.

We were there at 9.00am in the morning (There are many people waiting Inside and are made to sit after finger printing).

We went Inside for the Interview at 10.30 am and we were called by the Visa officer

(As i am on h4 and my wife on h1 we attended the Interview at the same Counter).

(I was little bit tensed as I was working here by doing COS and VO would ask me about that.....)...

Interview was so simple

VO was a lady.......She worked in Hyderabad before and she was little bit familiar with telugu as she told us she had learnt telugu for 9 months before she got posted as VO in Hyderabad...

1) She asked my wife her I-797 and her W-2 and her responsibility at her Company

2) She asked our marriage Certificate

3) She asked me weather i would work on H4 ? " I said No"

She told our Visas are approved and we can collect our visas on Thursday i.e Oct 3rd at embassy...

"While typing in her system she talked about hyderabadi food and biryani which she liked very much when she was in hyderabad"

So if someone is coming to Jamaica be well prepared " Community is not that safe and we have to be well equipped with the sorroundings and accomodation is expensive....

The positive point that I found with the embassy is "The deal mostly with Fiancee,Visitor,Immigration" Compared to these H Visas are less......So if you are confident with paper work then its better to get stamped at Jamaica...

As my personal experience looking and hearing experience near the Counters of VO'S  " People who are sub-contractors and didn't have client letter got their H1 Stamped by showing the Client vendor relationship"

Guys good luck who appear stamping at Jamaica and I sincerely suggest not to come here without correct paper work ....."Bcz if you are struck here ......u will have hell here" Reg: (Community,Traffic, Accomodation and Going from here to home country)

Is Jamaica need visiting visa?If Needed what are Jamaica consulates avilable in USA?How much time will take to get Jamica Visiting Visa?

Archived