query on filling out DS160

rajash29

@jairichi: what if visa officer will first ask for LCA  and ask why its lower than LCA what would be his justification? generally they ask I-797, LCA and I-129 first.

In OP's case the salary he gets is more than his LCA. So, no problem.

If you get a lower salary than LCA no justification can convince VO and mostly visa will be refused.

@jairichi: what if visa officer will first ask for LCA  and ask why its lower than LCA what would be his justification? generally they ask I-797, LCA and I-129 first.

A person on H1 cannot get paid less than LCA. That's against H1 rules and that person is considered Out of status during that period.

that's what I think. person can not enter(recevive) lower than LCA .He can enter same as LCA or higher than LCA whichever is applicable.

The person ALWAYS has to list the actual salary.

Only listing the LCA amount is pretty much the same as lying.

Otherwise, somebody who gets less than the LCA could just enter the LCA amount and hope that the VO doesn't check the paystubs.

The actual salary has to be listed.

That is wrong. It always has to be the actual salary. They can check that with the paystubs, and if there is a discrepancy, it will lead to trouble.

Always list the ACTUAL salary.

I don't understand why actual salary differs from LCA salary. In my case both are same so I told to mention the LCA salary.

Archived