Travelling to India: Current H1B extension under RFE

sk2586

Hi,

I have got an RFE on my VISA extension which my company will respond in some weeks. My current H1B is valid till January 2014 but i need to travel to india for some personal and unavoidable reasons on 7th Dec 2013 and expected to come back to US on 4 January 2014.

I am not sure if i will have an definitive answer on my RFE by the time i will leave for india hence want to know will i face some problem when i will be entering US back though my current visa will be valid at that time but extension will be under RFE.

What are the other options i have ? Please help.

Hi,

I have got an RFE on my VISA extension which my company will respond in some weeks. My current H1B is valid till January 2014 but i need to travel to india for some personal and unavoidable reasons on 7th Dec 2013 and expected to come back to US on 4 January 2014.

I am not sure if i will have an definitive answer on my RFE by the time i will leave for india hence want to know will i face some problem when i will be entering US back though my current visa will be valid at that time but extension will be under RFE.

What are the other options i have ? Please help.

Even though your visa would be valid it would be tough to convince immigration officer at POE without extension approval. Better upgrade to PP to have peace of mind and stress free travel

Archived