Currently on H4 planning to apply for H1

Janaki Ram

Hi Sir,

My wife currently is on H4 status and we are thinking to apply for H1 for her under 2014 quota,but we have a plan to go to INDIA for about 2 weeks some where between May to August

Can you please help me in answering these questions

1.Can she travel to INDIA when she is on H4 and come back and take new H1 and start working

2.If we come back before the visa appoval notice come,then should we go for stamoing of the new H1

3.If we go and come back after the H1 is approved but not effective then should we go for stamping

Appreciate your help sir

Regards,

Ram

Hi Sir,

My wife currently is on H4 status and we are thinking to apply for H1 for her under 2014 quota,but we have a plan to go to INDIA for about 2 weeks some where between May to August

Can you please help me in answering these questions

1.Can she travel to INDIA when she is on H4 and come back and take new H1 and start working

2.If we come back before the visa appoval notice come,then should we go for stamoing of the new H1

3.If we go and come back after the H1 is approved but not effective then should we go for stamping

Appreciate your help sir

Regards,

Ram

If her H1B is approved before her travel it should be fine. But, if travel is before H1B approval then COS would be denied and she would need to go for consular processing to obtain a H1B visa.

Thank you for the reply!!!

In this case lets then assume she get visa approval on August-1st,and we travel on august-10th and be back on 25th August

So,since her H1 is approved,isn't  that she would need to go for stamping for the H1 before coming to US

Regards,

Janaki.

If she wants she can go for a stamping. Otherwise she is good to come back on H4 visa.

Archived