221G with Blue and Green forms in Chennai

spr0709

Hello,

I have a situation where my wife received 221g with Blue and Green forms in Chennai Consulate requesting additional documents from the petitioner like.....

1. Employer wage report.

2. Employer Tax returns

3. Project Document with detail Description - Internal Project Given by employer

4. State unemployment wage.

---> dropped all the requested documents in about 25 days from the interview in OFC drop box.

---> 2 weeks later after we dropped the requested documents, went to OFC to collect all the documents including the passport with new 221g Blue and Green forms mentioning Additional Administrative Processing(AAP) ticked and informed I - 797 has been sent back to USCIS for further/verification.

She is the first time H1B candidate from H4.

What are the chances of getting Visa Approval and let me know other complications or thoughts on this process....

Thanks

spr 

@spr,

Unfortunately we don't have any option here other than just waiting. I got 221 g on 07/23/2013 with Chennai Consulate. I am still waiting to hear from them. 

My client got employment verification letter from USCIS in the 3rd week. My client manager responded back immediately. But still they are taking time to process my 221 g and I am waiting to hear from them. donno how long more is going to take. Lets hope for the best. 

Good luck for your wife. 

@gitasankar,

Thanks for sharing your status!

Did you receive 221g Blue and Green forms from Chennai Consulate with AAP ticket??

when did they call the client for verification?

Can you please provide some more info on your case, if you are comfortable....so i will get an idea whats going on...

Thanks

spr

@spr,

I didn't get green form. I got only 221 g blue slip - Additional Administrative Processing. My client manager got an email from USCIS in the 3rd week from the interview date. My client manager responded back within a week of time (i.e. 4th week from the interview date).

After that no response yet from Consulate. I am still waiting. Let me know if you need any other information. 

@spr,

I didn't get green form. I got only 221 g blue slip - Additional Administrative Processing. My client manager got an email from USCIS in the 3rd week from the interview date. My client manager responded back within a week of time (i.e. 4th week from the interview date).

After that no response yet from Consulate. I am still waiting. Let me know if you need any other information. 

Your attorney can send an email to embassy requesting any update in your case.

@rahul412

She applied thro a company(FTE) where they have some projects worked internally as well as clients and they have a offshore development centre nearly 100 people working in india.

But this company showed she is going to work on their internal project in their office location.

@gitasankar

Thanks for your reply.

When we contacted the company attorney, they said she has a slim chance of getting the approval bcos US consulate has given BOTH blue and green form with AAP and returned the I-797 petition to USCIS.

We crossed our fingers and waiting for the results.

US Consulate returned the documents and passport on 27th Sep 2013 with new 221g blue and green forms-AAP.

I am trying to check the time frame when USCIS will respond for this case. 

Your attorney can send an email to embassy requesting any update in your case.

Thanks for your information. But Chennai consulate does not have any email id to reach them regarding 221 g status. If me or my employer try to call the embassy, they are asking us to contact US Travel docs and then disconnecting the call. Anyhow I will check with my employer whether our attorney can contact the embassy to get the status of my 221 g. 

@rahul412

She applied thro a company(FTE) where they have some projects worked internally as well as clients and they have a offshore development centre nearly 100 people working in india.

But this company showed she is going to work on their internal project in their office location.

If that was the case, then they shouldn't have mentioned it as internal project. You know how vo thinks once he reads it as 'internal project'.

Anyhow since its a genuine case, it should be move very fast.

Archived