H1B transfer premium Process clock stopped as of Sep 30

mk1980gc

Hi

On Sep 19 H1B transfer with premium process with USCIS

On Sep 30 status changed to Initial Review with message:

On September 30, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

However my wife H4 application extension (I539) shows as approved as below.

On September 30, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I539 APPLICATION TO EXTEND OR CHANGE NONIMMIGRANT STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice

So far my attorney havent received anything, does it mean RFE? Does any one had experienced this?

Regards

MK

This is either an RFE or Approval. Seems like an approval as your wife's case has been approved.

I had an RFE and yesterday it shows initial clock stopped i am a bit worried as from other posts i have seen it takes an hour to 4-6 hours not more then that for approval.

However when i called uscis it says form sent so for me it might be an approval (corssing fingers) or another RFE

Yours should be approved maybe because of govt shut down they might take more days.

Hi,

Even i have the same issue. USCIS website showing as

On September 30, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case

But my attorney didnot get any later update. What i heard from others is it could be Approval,denial or RFE. Please let me know if you get any update.

Hi Guys,

Wanted to share my experience. Thought it will be really helpful to all. 

Applied for H1B transfer premium processing on Sep 30th. Receipt date : Sep 30th. Premium processing clock stopped on Oct 1st and status has not been updated yet online. It still remains with the clock stopped message as of 10/3 today.

Below is part of the message i got as an email from USCIS

"On October 1, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.  A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case.  This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you.  Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators."

But today morning my Lawyer had received my approval Hard copy. It was a great relief guys. I know what you are all going through. :(

I had done a lot of research online. This is what i have perceived .

First please register online in USCIS website for automatic case updates. ( very important - This will let you know if you have an RFE)

My only update i got as a email/message was when my application status updated from acceptance to Initial review and the clock stopped. ( Remember clock stops when either a approval or RFE has been issued, but if you get only this message/notification then chances of approval are high)

I had immediately called USCIS customer service at 1800 375 5283. Automated voice clearly said " uscis office processing your case has stopped the clock because a notice of action on form i 797 has been sent"

This I 797 phone message also coupled with the fact i didnt get a RFE notification before the clock stopped notification and also my lawyer had not got any updates either thru fax or email ( if its RFE we usually get it trough fax or email. since its premium processing - time sensitive) . All this kept me going.

I was waiting to hear from my Attorney and finally it came guys.

Its a Thursday . i might sound a little fanatic. I believe in sai baba and wonders always happen on a Thursday for me.

Hope this helps you guys!! 

Status moved to decision and here it is

On October 3, 2013, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

GOD is great ...

Hi All,

I am in the same situation. The message displayed is -

On October 1, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Till now my attorney did not receive any update from USCIS.

Really worried about the result.

All,

Please keep us posted with the results if you get.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My premium procesing clock stopped for H1 extension on Oct 11 and till today (oct 15) there is no update. I am tensed what's happening. Here is the status it shows. Can somebody let me know what this means ?

********************* Initial Review

On October 11, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Please reply ASAP as this is making me sleepless.

FYI : I am working full time for a renowned product company in product support.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

My premium procesing clock stopped for H1 extension on Oct 11 and till today (oct 15) there is no update. I am tensed what's happening. Here is the status it shows. Can somebody let me know what this means ?

********************* Initial Review

On October 11, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Please reply ASAP as this is making me sleepless.

FYI : I am working full time for a renowned product company in product support.

Thanks

Hey, My Case clock was stopped on October 7th and neither attorney nor my employer received any update yet. I work in an EVC model with client, vendor letters and WO's submitted. Last month my client manager got an email from USCIS, which she replied promptly. You don't have to worry being at end client.

Regards,

• 5 months later...

Hi krishatmurthylawfirm,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in detail. It really helped me to calm my nerves. My employer applied for my H1B cap exempt petition with premium processing. And to be honest I have spent so many sleepless nights as watching the USCIS case update webpage was very painful. The status kept showing "Initial Review". I too believe in Sai Baba and guess what I got my approval today (Thursday April 3, 2014)... :)... Jai Sai Ram...... So, thanks again for your post.

My case summary:

Application sent to USCIS: March 7, 2014

RFE received: March 20, 2014

RFE response receipt notice from USCIS: March 26, 2014 (That is when the online status changed from RFE to Initial Review)

Post Decision Activity: Status changed to PDA (approved) at around 9am in the morning on April 3, 2014

I created an account for case updates on USCIS website and trust me guys it really helped. The second the status changes you get alerts on your phone and email. This is much better than refreshing the case status webpage every 5 mins.

Hope the above info helps.

Archived