H1-b pending,should h4 be applied?i-94 valid up to 2016

niisha

My husband was on L1 and i was working on L2 EAD. Now his h1-b was applied and approved effective 1st october,2013 while my h1-b is still pending. My I-94 on L2 is valid till july,2016.

questions:

1- since my husband's H1-b is effective from oct 1st, do i automatically become out of status, considering h4 is not applied and L2-H1 COS is pending?

2- if i apply H4 now, and it gets approved after H1 b,status finally will be H4?

3- Does H1-b gets rejected if H4 is applied ?

I want to get h1-b as the final status. I am not sure how many days I can wait before applying H4?Does i-94 up to 2016 do any good?

any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

My husband was on L1 and i was working on L2 EAD. Now his h1-b was applied and approved effective 1st october,2013 while my h1-b is still pending. My I-94 on L2 is valid till july,2016.

questions:

1- since my husband's H1-b is effective from oct 1st, do i automatically become out of status, considering h4 is not applied and L2-H1 COS is pending?

2- if i apply H4 now, and it gets approved after H1 b,status finally will be H4?

3- Does H1-b gets rejected if H4 is applied ?

I want to get h1-b as the final status. I am not sure how many days I can wait before applying H4?Does i-94 up to 2016 do any good?

any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Yes, that is correct. And, you should have stopped working from Oct 1st 2013.

3. No

Upgrade to premium processing.

Archived