Vancouver H1B visa - 221(g) - Please gather here

canada123

Hi All - 

I am currently stuck in Vancouver since the last 10 days due to pending administrative processing and spoke with a few guys who are stuck since 3 to 5 weeks here. If you have received 221(g) and are waiting for adjudication of your visa, please post your details (1,2,3 shown below). This would help everyone share their experiences, stay in Vancouver, understand the trend of visa issuance. This will guide applicants in this boat to plan for their stay here in Canada or go back to India if it is taking longer or moral support at a minimum :). Each case is different but this will still help us understand the wait time for current and future applicants as well. I will start with mine first - below:

(Note: Please also respond when your visa is approved)

1. Appt/Case Creation date: 20-Sept-2013

2. Last Updated date: 20-Sept-2013

3. 221(g) details: request for documentation (resume, employment letter, letter explaining detailed description of research) which I submitted in the consulate. 

Thanks, and good luck!

Please can you put your background info here.  If this is for people from science or bio research backgorund then please put that here, otherwise its confusion to other floks. As per my understanding for people with bio and other research petitons it takes time.

Hi All - 

I am currently stuck in Vancouver since the last 10 days due to pending administrative processing and spoke with a few guys who are stuck since 3 to 5 weeks here. If you have received 221(g) and are waiting for adjudication of your visa, please post your details (1,2,3 shown below). This would help everyone share their experiences, stay in Vancouver, understand the trend of visa issuance. This will guide applicants in this boat to plan for their stay here in Canada or go back to India if it is taking longer or moral support at a minimum :). Each case is different but this will still help us understand the wait time for current and future applicants as well. I will start with mine first - below:

(Note: Please also respond when your visa is approved)

1. Appt/Case Creation date: 20-Sept-2013

2. Last Updated date: 20-Sept-2013

3. 221(g) details: request for documentation (resume, employment letter, letter explaining detailed description of research) which I submitted in the consulate. 

Thanks, and good luck!

Hi dude., Can you please update the reason for 221G

Yes I am from Biotechnology and Genetics background. If you have heard abt this, how long did it take for those petitions? But I have heard people who have been waiting for employment verification checks as well, they called client 2 wks after the appt date and issued visa 2 weeks after verification with a total turnaround time of 4 weeks.

Archived