chennai consulate 2nd interview by desi officer

rajesh1728

Hi .. I just wanted to created a thread to keep track of how many people got 221g at Chennai consulate who were interviewed by two VO . In this model the first VO american asks few questions and asks to wait .  Later we will be called by a Desi (girl or guy ) who asks more questions about our background etc. Later the desi goes inside and discuss with VO and come up with 221 g  blue slip aap . If friends you had similar experience please post  your experiences here.

Hi .. I just wanted to created a thread to keep track of how many people got 221g at Chennai consulate who were interviewed by two VO . In this model the first VO american asks few questions and asks to wait .  Later we will be called by a Desi (girl or guy ) who asks more questions about our background etc. Later the desi goes inside and discuss with VO and come up with 221 g  blue slip aap . If friends you had similar experience please post  your experiences here.

It is not a second interview. It is just to either get additional documents from you or explain about administrative processing.

I had similar experience on 07/23/2013 and got a 221 g Blue. Still waiting for updates.

@Rajesh and @ravipro,

how are you guys managing with your client? have you guys got work from home option or extended your leave? Since this 221 g takes hell lot of time, i am not sure how to secure the job till the 221 g is cleared. Thanks. 

@gitasankar

I extended my leave till oct 8. I would be working from home from then onwards. Not sure how that works out. What would be the ramifications if the client terminates us but the employer still holds us ( I mean if we loose the project but we r still with the same employer with no pay) during this 221g aap.? Also do you see any further slowdown in our cases due to US shutdown.  . 

@Rajesh,

I also don't know how the situation would be if we lose the project and still with the employer with no pay. I am very much worried. That's why somehow i am holding my job and working from India. Its been 73 days completed. But I don't know how long my client manager will allow me to work from remotely.  One good part (I think its good part) on my case is that my client manger got an email from Consulate/USCIS about my employment verification. My client manager also responded back to USCIS immediately. But I am not sure whether Consulate or USCIS will contact my client again for employment verification. If USCIS or Consulate has plan to verify my employment again, i should be in this project til that time. 

I already set my mind to wait till end of this year. I can see lots of people who got 221 g blue are getting response after 3 months or 5 months. 

I applied for my H1B on Premium and I got it approved within 2 weeks without any RFE issues. 

Archived