Master's Degree and Stamping Issue

chinks

Hi,

I've an appointment next month, I just want to confirm one thing. I came on F1 and  completed my Master's in Accounting and financial Management from USA. Rgt now, Im working as Senior QA Analyst in reputed company. Should I get trouble coz I'm working as QA and have Master's in different field ? any suggestions ?

thanks 

Hi,

I've an appointment next month, I just want to confirm one thing. I came on F1 and  completed my Master's in Accounting and financial Management from USA. Rgt now, Im working as Senior QA Analyst in reputed company. Should I get trouble coz I'm working as QA and have Master's in different field ? any suggestions ?

thanks 

Yes, you might be as your education is not related to your current job.

Hi,

thanks 

You might, but if you are lucky you will get your visa.

dont worry about your specialization ..we have seen people from civil and mechanical engineering backgrounds getting their stamping done successfully..

If this is really a problem they would have stopped you from giving h-1 acceptance .you are chosen under the skilled worker category based on your eduaction background and all documnts you furnished..

bottom line be confident and justify how your education skills are helpful in doing your job..good luck

bottom line be confident and justify how your education skills are helpful in doing your job..good luck

Dont give advice if you know nothing. Being Confident doesnt mean anything...you havent seen other applicant's background...maybe they might have some certifications in IT and thats the reason their H1 got stamped.

Hi,

thanks 

If the domain of your client is finance (for example- IT of banking operations), you can convince the VO that, i am a QA in financial domain company and my abilities of finance and accounting needs in order to do quality check. If your client's domain is not finance then you need to worry about this.

No My client name is not related with the finance, it's related with consumer experience.. For example Mobile App for wal-mart, like hoe much is your rewards points download the coupons and everything...please advice me... 

It is going to be tough or nearly impossible to convince VO. As rahul412, you might get a visa if you are lucky

It is on case by case basis, if you have all your documents and primarily client letter/vendor letters you should not have any problem. If you are FTE, then it should not be problem at all. 

It is sick to see the first 3 negative responses, I always see those names leaving some comment on most of the posts. I have a BS in Business, and MBA from USA and I got H1 visas, 2 times, of course with delay the 2nd time.

There are a lot of Indians with MS in Electrical, Mech, Chem, and Civil working in IT. Again, its case by cases and IMO currently its purely luck.

It is on case by case basis, if you have all your documents and primarily client letter/vendor letters you should not have any problem. If you are FTE, then it should not be problem at all. 

It is sick to see the first 3 negative responses, I always see those names leaving some comment on most of the posts. I have a BS in Business, and MBA from USA and I got H1 visas, 2 times, of course with delay the 2nd time.

There are a lot of Indians with MS in Electrical, Mech, Chem, and Civil working in IT. Again, its case by cases and IMO currently its purely luck.

No one definitively said that OP's visa application will be rejected. Everyone pointed out there is a possibility which is words of caution just as you said it is "on case by case basis". Even you hint the possibility of rejection based on your words. Just because your wordings are different your comment is not that much different from ours.

And, there are instances where visas are rejected or approved similar to OP's case.

@indeedgc55. Thanks for info. I'm full time for my employer and Im working on the client location. when I was in school, we had one calss called senior project where I worked with college, i worked as tester on the Accounting software; to make sure that all functionality working as expected. that's how i started my QA career, i can start something like that. and my employer will be providing me the training letter. I don't know this should be enough or not ? and then like you said will on my luck..

@indeedgc55. Thanks for info. I'm full time for my employer and Im working on the client location. when I was in school, we had one calss called senior project where I worked with college, i worked as tester on the Accounting software; to make sure that all functionality working as expected. that's how i started my QA career, i can start something like that. and my employer will be providing me the training letter. I don't know this should be enough or not ? and then like you said will on my luck..

One class won't be enough to justify this.

Archived