Consular Processing (EB2) next week - Question

govareddy

Hi,

I have my immigrant visa interview scheduled in Mumbai next week (EB2 category). I am wondering what will happen after the interview, as I see this below news bulletin. What impact does it have on my green card steps, as visa numbers have expired for 2013.

Assuming that my visa is approved, does it mean that I can only travel after October 1, 2013?

Thanks

NewsFlash! FY13 Employment-Based Visa Number Limits Reached

September 27, 2013

The U.S. Department of State (DOS) has confirmed earlier rumors that the employment-based (EB) visa numbers available for fiscal year 2013 (FY13) been exhausted. This is not uncommon, as FY13 ends on September 30. Thus, DOS seeks to allocate visa numbers in a manner that will allow for full utilization by that date.

The USCIS continues to accept EB I-485 applications based upon the current month’s visa bulletin. Pending I-485 cases will continue to be processed, but cannot be approved prior to additional visa numbers becoming available for FY14 on October 1, 2013.

• 11 months later...

Did you get your immigrant visa last year as understood if the visa numbers got exhausted you may not get your approved? I just wanted to know so that i can prepare for this year..Expecting my interview date within next month this year and also there is a fear that dates will retrogress in Nov.

Archived