*** Transferring H1B after one is approved from one employer***

LabGypsy

I work for company A and next week is my last day there. I just got my H1b transferred to another company B which got approved 5 days back. Now, I also got an offer today from Company C which is my top choice. 

1. Having quit company A and with a company B sponsored H1b, what might be the best way to join company C?
2. Should i join company B now and wait for company C to take care of my second H1B transfer?

Request your immediate help..

Thanks..

I work for company A and next week is my last day there. I just got my H1b transferred to another company B which got approved 5 days back. Now, I also got an offer today from Company C which is my top choice. 

1. Having quit company A and with a company B sponsored H1b, what might be the best way to join company C?

2. Should i join company B now and wait for company C to take care of my second H1B transfer?

Request your immediate help..

Thanks..

1. Ask company C to file a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval join them

2. Yes, it will be better.

Thanks for the response, Jairichi. Super helpful. Perhaps I must clarify one small thing.

The original H1B was from Company A that I will be quitting in a week from. Company B which I "WAS" to join in a week or so had got that H1B transferred (it is approved). 

That said, wouldn't H1B transfer from B to C not be a cap exempt one anyway?

Also, if I leave company A, and start H1B transfer from B to C while I am without a job (I'd have quit Company A), would that get me "out of status"?

Truly appreciate your inputs..Thanks.

Thanks for the response, Jairichi. Super helpful. Perhaps I must clarify one small thing.

The original H1B was from Company A that I will be quitting in a week from. Company B which I "WAS" to join in a week or so had got that H1B transferred (it is approved). 

That said, wouldn't H1B transfer from B to C not be a cap exempt one anyway?

Also, if I leave company A, and start H1B transfer from B to C while I am without a job (I'd have quit Company A), would that get me "out of status"?

Truly appreciate your inputs..Thanks.

It would be cap exempt for sure.

Since you have a week with company A your employer C can file a cap exempt petition and based on receipt notice and with a decision pending with USCIS you are on valid status in US. Even though it is allowed to work with a receipt notice it is suggested to join employer C on approval. To get an immediate approval I asked you to do premium processing.

The reason why I said it is better to join B when employer C's petition is under process is that in case it is denied you could still keep working for employer B.

Archived