Please help: Steps & Docs to sponsor spouse on H4

H1futuristic

Hello Friends,

I got my H-1B approved this year 2013 & going for stamping in Nov to Canada.I've below concern to sponsor my wife after I get marry in coming Dec.

1)I indeed don't know what are the details docs req'd both of mine & my wife's & what's the procedure to sponsor my wife on H4. Do I mainly need my LCA,I-797A & paystubs & all? or do I need to follow separate process (Petition) like I-797A for my H4visa?

2) when & how to take visa appointment for my wife at Bombay. I'd truly appreciate your help in advance.

Pls suggest.

Hello Friends,

I got my H-1B approved this year 2013 & going for stamping in Nov to Canada.I've below concern to sponsor my wife after I get marry in coming Dec.

1)I indeed don't know what are the details docs req'd both of mine & my wife's & what's the procedure to sponsor my wife on H4. Do I mainly need my LCA,I-797A & paystubs & all? or do I need to follow separate process (Petition) like I-797A for my H4visa?

2) when & how to take visa appointment for my wife at Bombay. I'd truly appreciate your help in advance.

Pls suggest.

Congrats.

1. Your wife would need a copy of your I129, including LCA, I797 and pay stubs. Along with this she needs a marriage certificate.

2. Look at US consulate, Mumbai website.

Dear friends,

Appreciate your concern. Can you please guide me with link to schedule H4 Visa appointment at Mumbai as I couldn't find it. Also how earlier would be avaialble & safe to schedule at Mumbai consulate? Can I book slot for my wife before marriage?

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/applyingmain.html

Fill DS160 and then fix appointment.

Yes, you can book a slot before marriage.

Archived