H1B approved from OCT-01-2013 but want to continue with my L1A employer

csk0502

My H1B approved from OCT-01-2013 but want to continue with my L1A Visa (expired on OCT-15-2012, Petition Status on Expire is # Indefinite ) employer but having valid I-94 till April-2015.

1)  Is it true that I do not have any choice but to shift to new H1B employer because my legal status will be H1 from 1-Oct-2013

2)   Is there a option where I request my current employer to file extension of my current L1A petition.(I just got H1 approval notice and do not have time to wait for L1 extension)

3) I got approval notice only on Aug 29 and came to know only on 01 Sep online ,still do not have physical copy to see details,does not USCIS think one will need a notice period of 1 or 2 weeks.?

Request your valuable inputs...

My H1B approved from OCT-01-2013 but want to continue with my L1A Visa (expired on OCT-15-2012, Petition Status on Expire is # Indefinite ) employer but having valid I-94 till April-2015.

1)  Is it true that I do not have any choice but to shift to new H1B employer because my legal status will be H1 from 1-Oct-2013

2)   Is there a option where I request my current employer to file extension of my current L1A petition.(I just got H1 approval notice and do not have time to wait for L1 extension)

3) I got approval notice only on Aug 29 and came to know only on 01 Sep online ,still do not have physical copy to see details,does not USCIS think one will need a notice period of 1 or 2 weeks.?

Request your valuable inputs...

If your L1A I94 is valid till April 2015 and your H1B is approved as change of status then you need to exit US before 1st Oct and re-enter after 1st Oct 2013 with a valid L1 visa and L1A approval notice to get a new I94 to continue your stay in L1A.

Archived