H4 Visa Denied

PKALITA

Hi,

I am currently working in the US with a valid H1B approval (I797A) from USCIS, however I haven't yet got my visa stamped. Last week, my wife applied for H4 visa in US embassy Qatar Doha (she currently live and work there). During interview, they said that my I797A approval notice doesn't have her name as beneficiary and asked her to revisit once she has the correct I797A with her name as well. This is the first time visa application and NOT an extension.

I really get confused and sought legal counsel. They suggested that its a consular mistake and confirmed that my I797A approval notice cannot have my wife's name as beneficiary. My wife also inquired with DOHA consulate and here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting The US Visa Service Desk, 
Once your husband is already in the US, and you didn't attended the interview together, he need to get a petition with your name on it, similar to his petition. Once you have this document you can fill out the required application and schedule an appointment."

Please suggest if this a consular mistake or something is wrong. Your suggestions are much appreciated as I am really confused with the proceedings.

Thank You,

Parash

Hi,

I am currently working in the US with a valid H1B approval (I797A) from USCIS, however I haven't yet got my visa stamped. Last week, my wife applied for H4 visa in US embassy Qatar Doha (she currently live and work there). During interview, they said that my I797A approval notice doesn't have her name as beneficiary and asked her to revisit once she has the correct I797A with her name as well. This is the first time visa application and NOT an extension.

I really get confused and sought legal counsel. They suggested that its a consular mistake and confirmed that my I797A approval notice cannot have my wife's name as beneficiary. My wife also inquired with DOHA consulate and here is their reply:

"Thank you for contacting The US Visa Service Desk, 

Once your husband is already in the US, and you didn't attended the interview together, he need to get a petition with your name on it, similar to his petition. Once you have this document you can fill out the required application and schedule an appointment."

Please suggest if this a consular mistake or something is wrong. Your suggestions are much appreciated as I am really confused with the proceedings.

Thank You,

Parash

I still believe it is a consular mistake.

Archived