CBP officer forget to stamp passport and New I-94

TJKUMAR

Hi,

I had H1B visa interview at toronto,Canada on 23th September 2013. i drove from USA to Canada and crossed the border on 22nd September. CBP officer of Canada stamp my passport during arrival at Canada.My H1B visa got approved on 23th September and got my passport on 27th September. i drove back to USA from Canada on same day. At USA border officer asked me few question see my I-94 (which is come with 797 form). After checked everything he return my passport and said you good to go. when i reached home i found out there was no arrival stamp on my passport. i think Officer forget to stamp my passport.

So i have few question as below about this situation.

1. How US immigration department knows when i entered to USA? (because no arrival stamp on passport)

2. what about New I-94 ? i thought every time you enter to USA they give you new I-94?

(i have only one I-94 which come with 797 valid until 09/25/2015. even i tried to retrieve new I-94 online        from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html but no data found).

i am worried and don't know what to do now....Is this situation cause problem in my next trip outside of USA and reenter to USA. Please reply me if anybody faced the same situation or have solution for this problem..I really need your help Guys.

Hi,

I had H1B visa interview at toronto,Canada on 23th September 2013. i drove from USA to Canada and crossed the border on 22nd September. CBP officer of Canada stamp my passport during arrival at Canada.My H1B visa got approved on 23th September and got my passport on 27th September. i drove back to USA from Canada on same day. At USA border officer asked me few question see my I-94 (which is come with 797 form). After checked everything he return my passport and said you good to go. when i reached home i found out there was no arrival stamp on my passport. i think Officer forget to stamp my passport.

So i have few question as below about this situation.

1. How US immigration department knows when i entered to USA? (because no arrival stamp on passport)

2. what about New I-94 ? i thought every time you enter to USA they give you new I-94?

(i have only one I-94 which come with 797 valid until 09/25/2015. even i tried to retrieve new I-94 online        from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html but no data found).

i am worried and don't know what to do now....Is this situation cause problem in my next trip outside of USA and reenter to USA. Please reply me if anybody faced the same situation or have solution for this problem..I really need your help Guys.

You had gone through Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) as your trip to Canada was less than 30 days. Nothing to worry.

• 1 month later...

Archived