visa extension

bojo

My mother is here on a B2 visa until Dec. 2013. She is weak and can not travel alone (h/o 2 strokes) and I do not have time this year to travel with her back to India. I am a US permanent resident (green card) and have an interview for US citizenship in early October.

My question is, is it wise to wait until I (hopefully) become a citizen and then immediately apply for a green card for my mother? Or is it better to apply for a visa extension for my mother now? If I apply for her visa extension could I use a physician's medical certificate to extend her stay for a few months?

My mother is here on a B2 visa until Dec. 2013. She is weak and can not travel alone (h/o 2 strokes) and I do not have time this year to travel with her back to India. I am a US permanent resident (green card) and have an interview for US citizenship in early October.

My question is, is it wise to wait until I (hopefully) become a citizen and then immediately apply for a green card for my mother? Or is it better to apply for a visa extension for my mother now? If I apply for her visa extension could I use a physician's medical certificate to extend her stay for a few months?

Yupe, you can request  for Extension of stay since you have a very genuine reason for the extension. Better consult an attorney or wait for more replies...!!!

Archived