My J1 timeline

drramki

Apr 4, 2013: Sent documents to Indian Consulate, New York

Apr 11, 2013: Attested documents came back from CGI-NY

Apr 16, 2013: Sent documents to India using FEDEX

Jun 3, 2013: MHRD says they have granted the 'waiver' certificate (Didn't have an idea when I will get it)

Jul 2, 2013: Passport Office, Trichy and Chennai Secretariat grants waiver certificate after non-stop follow-up and continuous pressure; Chennai Secretariat did not want to give that certificate to my dad rather they sent it by post. Got scanned copy from Passport office, Trichy. 

Jul 9, 2013: Received certificate from MHRD

Jul 10, 2013: Received certificate from Chennai Secretariat

Jul 11, 2013: Submitted all documents to CGI-NY

Jul 23, 2013: Received WAIVER CERTIFICATE from CGI-NY

July 31, 2013: DOS receives NOS from Indian Embassy, DC

Aug 12, 2013: DOS status changes to Favorable Recommendation!!!

Aug 14, 2013: My J1 ended

Sep 13, 2013: Applied for H-1 premium-processing while the case is still pending at USCIS

Sep 18, 2013: J1 waiver gets approved at USCIS

Sep 24, 2013: H-1 gets approved... Ohh Yea~! What a relief~!

Thanks to all in this forum. You have been very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

H-1 quota of year 2013 got filled right on the first day, April 1 that is. So how did you manage to apply for H-1 under premium processing in September?

I believe OPs H1B petition was filed under regular processing but later upgraded to PP on Sept 13th or it would be a cap exempt H1B petition (non-profit organization)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got letter from Indian embassy mentioning that my final NOC has been sent to US DOS but the address of US DOS they sent my NOC to does not match with the address DOS asked to be sent on Third Party Barcode Page.

Actually, Indian EMbassy send the NOC to  this address

Department of State, Visa Services, CA/VO/L/W, Room L603, 2401 E Street, NW, Washington DC, 20522-0106,

but on Third Party Barcode Page it says NOC should be sent to this address

Waiver Review Division, U.S. Department of State, Visa Office - CA/VO/L/W, SA-17, 11th Floor 600 19th Street, N.W. Washington D.C. 20522-1711

I just wanted to know if anyone whose NOC that DOS successfully recieved has also the same address mismatch

Thanks

Archived