H1 Transfer After OCT 1st

john_d

I am currently on CAP-GAP. My H1B is already approved with company A  and it starts on OCT 1st 2013.

Now, I am planning to do a H1  transfer to  company B. How soon can I apply for H1 transfer? Do I need to have any paystubs from company A after OCT 1st, to prove USICS that I maintained H1 status?

Note: I am with company A for over a year now.

Please advice.

Regards,

John

I am currently on CAP-GAP. My H1B is already approved with company A  and it starts on OCT 1st 2013.

Now, I am planning to do a H1  transfer to  company B. How soon can I apply for H1 transfer? Do I need to have any paystubs from company A after OCT 1st, to prove USICS that I maintained H1 status?

Note: I am with company A for over a year now.

Please advice.

Regards,

John

You can do anytime. Better if you join company A on Oct 1st and then apply for a transfer to company B. In this way you would have generated at least one pay stub.

Thanks for your reply. I am already working with company A for over a year now, in OPT. Do I still need pay stubs from company A after OCT 1st?

Yes. You need pay stubs for H1 transfer if your previous status is related to work(like OPT, H1). This is because you have to show that your current status is legal and on work status your pay stubs proves that.

Archived