URGENT - B1 Visa - Finger Printing information

Kreez

Hi All,

My company is planning to send me to USA on a business trip.

I need a small clarification on the Bio Visa, I have fractured my little finger a couple of months back and is slowly getting to normal.Although the fracture is healed completely my finger is not fully straight because of the stiffness.

1)Does fingerprinting require the finger to be straight,do you think this is going to effect issuance of a visa.

2) I am now getting my physiotherapy done, if I get a visa now in the current state and clear the port of entry for this trip do you think it will create a problem for my future visits once the finger is fully healed.

Please advise.Thanks in Advance.

SriK.

Hi All,

My company is planning to send me to USA on a business trip.

I need a small clarification on the Bio Visa, I have fractured my little finger a couple of months back and is slowly getting to normal.Although the fracture is healed completely my finger is not fully straight because of the stiffness.

1)Does fingerprinting require the finger to be straight,do you think this is going to effect issuance of a visa.

2) I am now getting my physiotherapy done, if I get a visa now in the current state and clear the port of entry for this trip do you think it will create a problem for my future visits once the finger is fully healed.

Please advise.Thanks in Advance.

SriK.

1. No. They will make sure they get all your fingerprints. So, do not worry

2. No

Thank You for the reply. I was apprehensive because their site says that any injury to the hand/fingers must be fully healed to get the fingerprinting done.

SriK

That would mean a cut or laceration to the palm side of fingers as it would distort fingerprints. But, I believe your finger is not in a cast. Your only issue is you can not stretch it and apply pressure to take fingerprints. If this is the case do not worry as staff in VFS will help you.

Archived