Going To India After H1B Visa Transfer.

abhi.madison

Hi There,

Not sure if this question has been asked before.

I was working with a company "A" on H1B Visa. My H1B visa stamping is valid till Dec 2014.  4 months back I changed my employer to "B". My visa transfer petition was filed in Premium processing and it got approved within 15 days. Now I have all Visa related documents.

Now I am planning to go to India for 2 weeks in next month. I have few questions regarding this trip.

1) Do I need to go for VISA stamping in India. (My Stamping with Employer "A" is valid till Dec 2014 and My new I-797 is also good for 2 years)?

2) In my case there are 2 layers between employer and client. Does it make any difference or could be a reason for any problem considering the current scenario?

3) I have come to US many times in last 3 years and never faced any problem because I know my all documents are genuine and proper. Do you think that now after Visa transfer, my case will be a bit different and could cause some problem in current scenario?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Not sure if this question has been asked before.

I was working with a company "A" on H1B Visa. My H1B visa stamping is valid till Dec 2014.  4 months back I changed my employer to "B". My visa transfer petition was filed in Premium processing and it got approved within 15 days. Now I have all Visa related documents.

Now I am planning to go to India for 2 weeks in next month. I have few questions regarding this trip.

1) Do I need to go for VISA stamping in India. (My Stamping with Employer "A" is valid till Dec 2014 and My new I-797 is also good for 2 years)?

2) In my case there are 2 layers between employer and client. Does it make any difference or could be a reason for any problem considering the current scenario?

3) I have come to US many times in last 3 years and never faced any problem because I know my all documents are genuine and proper. Do you think that now after Visa transfer, my case will be a bit different and could cause some problem in current scenario?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

1. No

2. Not really. But, it might generate more questions from VO

3. Does not matter. Every time you will be treated differently. There is always a possibility of administrative processing.

Thanks a lot for your help and prompt reply. Could you please elaborate #2.

2. "Not really. But, it might generate more questions from VO"

- Is there any risk of deportation?

Thanks Again.

Yes, you might get more questions from VO as different layers are involved. As long as you have all documents you should be fine. Do not worry.

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Thanks for your previous response.

Before going to India, there was a USCIS verification visit for me at my client site.

I visited India and just came back without any problem. Immigration officer saw my Stamping from previous employer and

I-797 of new employer. He just asked for some document which shows that I am working with current company and I showed my latest paychecks and he was fine with that.

Can you please suggest if I visit India frequently as long as my VISA stamping and new I-797 is valid?

Thansk again.

Hi There,

Thanks for your previous response.

Before going to India, there was a USCIS verification visit for me at my client site.

I visited India and just came back without any problem. Immigration officer saw my Stamping from previous employer and

I-797 of new employer. He just asked for some document which shows that I am working with current company and I showed my latest paychecks and he was fine with that.

Can you please suggest if I visit India frequently as long as my VISA stamping and new I-797 is valid?

Thansk again.

Good that you shared your experience.

Yes, you can visit India and enter US anytime. But, it is better to avoid frequent visits. Once in 3 or 6 months should not be a problem. But, traveling every month might be.

Archived