H1B transfer Questions

ashish1234

Hi 

I am currently working for employer A and have found an employer B which is about to process H1 Transfer for me.

My wife is in India also with H4 stamping done with employer A. She was in US with me earlier.

We are expecting baby to be born around Jan, 2014 and I am planning to go to India that time.

My current visa stamping with employer A is valid till Sep, 2014.

My plan is to start working for employer B immediately after transfer is approved and then travel to India in Jan, 2014 for 1 month.

I have following queries:
1. After going to India in Jan, 2014, Do I need to go for stamping again or I can travel back with same visa  stamp of employer A which is valid till Sep. 2014.

2. My wife has H4 stamping with employer A which is also valid till Sep, 2014, She will be travel to US in May, 2014. Does she need to go for stamping with employer B before coming here.

3. My baby expected to be born around Jan 2014, will also need to get passport stamped before coming here with my wife, i.e. May 2014. So 
A. Will my stamping not done with employer B, create any issue in getting baby's H4 visa and stamping?
B. When both baby and mother travel to US, then on arrival at immigration i.e POE, will there be any issue because of H4 stamp for wife will be employer A and baby's stamp will be on employer B?

Thanks in advance.
Ashish

Hi 

I am currently working for employer A and have found an employer B which is about to process H1 Transfer for me.

My wife is in India also with H4 stamping done with employer A. She was in US with me earlier.

We are expecting baby to be born around Jan, 2014 and I am planning to go to India that time.

My current visa stamping with employer A is valid till Sep, 2014.

My plan is to start working for employer B immediately after transfer is approved and then travel to India in Jan, 2014 for 1 month.

I have following queries:
1. After going to India in Jan, 2014, Do I need to go for stamping again or I can travel back with same visa  stamp of employer A which is valid till Sep. 2014.

2. My wife has H4 stamping with employer A which is also valid till Sep, 2014, She will be travel to US in May, 2014. Does she need to go for stamping with employer B before coming here.

3. My baby expected to be born around Jan 2014, will also need to get passport stamped before coming here with my wife, i.e. May 2014. So 
A. Will my stamping not done with employer B, create any issue in getting baby's H4 visa and stamping?
B. When both baby and mother travel to US, then on arrival at immigration i.e POE, will there be any issue because of H4 stamp for wife will be employer A and baby's stamp will be on employer B?

Thanks in advance.
Ashish

1. Yes. You need to have employer B's I797 in your possession

2. No

3A. No

3B. No

Give your wife a copy of employer B's I797 when they travel to US.

Archived