Time required for PIMS update

vijkum

Hi All,

First of all thanks a lot for your time spending to share your thoughts and suggestions.I have 2 questions regarding my upcoming H1 visa interview.

I am on 7th year on my H1.My employer has been filed my GC and 140 got approved.

While filling the DS-160, for the question

Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf

I spoke to my employer regarding this and he said usually consulate people don't like if you say my GC has been filed.I replied to my employer,  VO may ask immediately if your GC not yet been filed yet then how you got your H1 3 years extension after 6 years.Then he said yes that is the logical point go ahead and say yes for that question in DS-160.

So here I just want to know your guys thoughts whether that's going to be a problem for my stamping or not?

2)My H1 extension has been approved 5 days ago and I am going for stamping on 10-Oct.Is this is reasonable time to get PIMS updated?Usually how much time it will take to get PIMS update for Vermont service center.If PIMS is not updated by the time of my interview then what will be happen.

Can someone please educate me on those questions?

Thanks in Advance.

2)My H1 extension has been approved 5 days ago and I am going for stamping on 10-Oct.Is this is reasonable time to get PIMS updated?Usually how much time it will take to get PIMS update for Vermont service center.If PIMS is not updated by the time of my interview then what will be happen.

Not sure how many days it will take to update PIMS, but if its not update you have to wait for 1-3 days more for the update.

• 3 years later...

Archived