Employment Based Green Card

Chintan Biniwale

My Husband is working for Irving,TX, US based company since last 13years.  We filled our green card in EB-3 Category our finger printing and medical was done in 2007 after that never received any progress or information from USCIS.

Now, in 2012 April Company opened up a branch in India and my husband was moved to India as a Head of his Company. So, in July-2013 lawyer told us to go and get Blanket L1-visa stamping (mine was L2 stamping) and than our company’s attorney filed for I-140. Now, the real miracle starts in two or three months we were expecting to get a  call from USCIS for our finger printing and medical again. As now company filled our Green Card in EB-1 category. But surprisingly we received our original approved Green Card in first of September-2013 it’s valid for 10 years.

Now we are going to U.S for stamping and taking permission or I would say extension for 3 years to keep green card and leaving outside of US.

Now my question to you is,  as my husband is US based company’s employee but working for them outside the US luckily it’s our home country India. So, can we get US citizenship leaving here in India ? As it’s impossible for us to move back to US and stay there for continuous 5 years to get citizenship.

Or we just have to maintain Green Card and we can’t get citizenship as we will not be living in US until company closes it’s India Office and we will move back to US.

Please, reply me as soon as possible because as I mentioned we are travelling to US for 2 weeks and if possible we really want to start process if there is any chance in our case to get citizenship.

Thank You,

Chintan Biniwale

Baroda, Gujarat, India.Employment Based Green Card

My Husband is working for Irving,TX, US based company since last 13years.  We filled our green card in EB-3 Category our finger printing and medical was done in 2007 after that never received any progress or information from USCIS.

Now, in 2012 April Company opened up a branch in India and my husband was moved to India as a Head of his Company. So, in July-2013 lawyer told us to go and get Blanket L1-visa stamping (mine was L2 stamping) and than our company’s attorney filed for I-140. Now, the real miracle starts in two or three months we were expecting to get a  call from USCIS for our finger printing and medical again. As now company filled our Green Card in EB-1 category. But surprisingly we received our original approved Green Card in first of September-2013 it’s valid for 10 years.

Now we are going to U.S for stamping and taking permission or I would say extension for 3 years to keep green card and leaving outside of US.

Now my question to you is,  as my husband is US based company’s employee but working for them outside the US luckily it’s our home country India. So, can we get US citizenship leaving here in India ? As it’s impossible for us to move back to US and stay there for continuous 5 years to get citizenship.

Or we just have to maintain Green Card and we can’t get citizenship as we will not be living in US until company closes it’s India Office and we will move back to US.

Please, reply me as soon as possible because as I mentioned we are travelling to US for 2 weeks and if possible we really want to start process if there is any chance in our case to get citizenship.

Thank You,

Chintan Biniwale

Baroda, Gujarat, India.Employment Based Green Card

I believe with a green card you can not stay outside US for more than 180 days. The purpose of issuing a green card is defeated if you do so. If you are going to stay outside US then it would be considered as abandonment of green card. Wait for other members opinion or talk to an immigration attorney

Archived