H1B Transfer from CPT

Siddarth16

I am currently in CPT with an approved H1B that is set to start from October 2013. I am working in CPT and I have pay stubs (in CPT). I have found another employment opportunity and my current employer is willling to allow me to transfer. I wanted to know the following:

1) Do I need pay stubs (in H1B) for my transfer? If yes, then how many pay stubs (H1B) do I need in order to make a successful transfer?

2) Can I start my transfer with CPT pay stubs itself?

I am currently in CPT with an approved H1B that is set to start from October 2013. I am working in CPT and I have pay stubs (in CPT). I have found another employment opportunity and my current employer is willling to allow me to transfer. I wanted to know the following:

1) Do I need pay stubs (in H1B) for my transfer? If yes, then how many pay stubs (H1B) do I need in order to make a successful transfer?

2) Can I start my transfer with CPT pay stubs itself?

You can transfer your H1 at anytime after the approval.

I hope you are not abusing your CPT program.

@omshiv - the new employment and the current one are related to the ones I have studied

@rahul 412 - the question is whether is it safer to transfer with pay stubs generated while in H1B or with pay stubs generated while in CPT itself. By the way, I am not abusing my CPT. It is just that I have got a break and I want to pursue the new opportunity

@omshiv - the new employment and the current one are related to the ones I have studied

@rahul 412 - the question is whether is it safer to transfer with pay stubs generated while in H1B or with pay stubs generated while in CPT itself. By the way, I am not abusing my CPT. It is just that I have got a break and I want to pursue the new opportunity

Either on is fine. All they want is to make sure that your current status is legal.

So, what's the name of your university??

Archived