Moving to new employer from H1 - help needed -please

vpmvpm

Hi All,

I'm in H1 with Employer 'A'.

I'm planning to move to Employer 'B' which is a Full Time position with a staffing company. The Employer 'B' throws me a condition that I have to inform my Employer 'A'  and start serving the notice period of 2 weeks immediately after I get the offer letter from their direct client. I replied them  that I can inform my Employer 'A' about my resignation only after I receive my transferred H1B Petition number.  

But the Employer 'B' keeps on insisting me that this is the regular procedure most of our employees did. They are firm in their stand.

Kindly give me your opinions on this

1) How safe it is for me to move to Employer 'B' just only with offer letter , and before the H1B transfer process is initiated ? 

I'm feeling very unsafe ....

2) What will be my position if  the Employer 'B' tells that the client opening was closed in the mid of my H1B transfer process ? I'm not sure whether this scenario comes or not... But what if it is ....

3) The Employer 'B'  will be paying me by Cheques only every month  ie ) my salary will be paid by Cheques only ...not direct deposit ... Is there any problem with this mode of salary payment ? I mean .... how will generate my last 3 month pay stub if I move to any other Employer 'C' in the future ?

Awaiting for your responses and answers more sincerely

Thanks in Advance ....

Hi All,

I'm in H1 with Employer 'A'.

I'm planning to move to Employer 'B' which is a Full Time position with a staffing company. The Employer 'B' throws me a condition that I have to inform my Employer 'A'  and start serving the notice period of 2 weeks immediately after I get the offer letter from their direct client. I replied them  that I can inform my Employer 'A' about my resignation only after I receive my transferred H1B Petition number.  

But the Employer 'B' keeps on insisting me that this is the regular procedure most of our employees did. They are firm in their stand.

Kindly give me your opinions on this

1) How safe it is for me to move to Employer 'B' just only with offer letter , and before the H1B transfer process is initiated ? 

2) What will be my position if  the Employer 'B' tells that the client opening was closed in the mid of my H1B transfer process ? I'm not sure whether this scenario comes or not... But what if it is ....

3) The Employer 'B'  will be paying me by Cheques only every month  ie ) my salary will be paid by Cheques only ...not direct deposit ... Is there any problem with this mode of salary payment ? I mean .... how will generate my last 3 month pay stub if I move to any other Employer 'C' in the future ?

Awaiting for your responses and answers more sincerely

Thanks in Advance ....

(1) You can not start working with employer B if a cap subject H1B petition is not filed. You need at least receipt notice issued by USCIS to work for employer B though it is suggested to begin work for employer B after approval notice.

(2) Well, if employer A has revoked H1B by then you will be out of status.

(3) Checks are accepted. Pay stubs are different from checks.

If employer B is still firm with this condition forget about them and start looking for a good employer.

1. It's not at all safe.

2. That's why I said it's not at all safe to join B without H1 approval.What will you do if H1 is rejected??

3. That's fine.

(1) You can not start working with employer B if a cap subject H1B petition is not filed. You need at least receipt notice issued by USCIS to work for employer B though it is suggested to begin work for employer B after approval notice.

(2) Well, if employer A has revoked H1B by then you will be out of status.

(3) Checks are accepted. Pay stubs are different from checks.

If employer B is still firm with this condition forget about them and start looking for a good employer.

I am sorry. In (1) it is not a cap subject but a cap exempt.

Archived