H4 Visa Transfer, Passport expired

Barbie16

I would appreciate if somebody can shed some light on my issue

My passport has expired in july and I couldn't apply for extension bcoz of reasons like change of address, my husband's job relocation etc...He got a new project with a new employer now and is going to apply for H1 transfer and I have two questions:

1. Do I need to apply for a new H4(my I-94 is valid till Sep 2015) along with my husband's H1 Transfer?

2. In case I have to apply for a new H4, can I do that while  my passport is expired or should I wait till I get it renewed. 

Members who know an answer for sure, kindly share your knowledge.

I would appreciate if somebody can shed some light on my issue

My passport has expired in july and I couldn't apply for extension bcoz of reasons like change of address, my husband's job relocation etc...He got a new project with a new employer now and is going to apply for H1 transfer and I have two questions:

1. Do I need to apply for a new H4(my I-94 is valid till Sep 2015) along with my husband's H1 Transfer?

2. In case I have to apply for a new H4, can I do that while  my passport is expired or should I wait till I get it renewed. 

Members who know an answer for sure, kindly share your knowledge.

Since your I94 is valid you are fine. No need to apply for a H4. Wait for other members opinion.

Archived