Applying for parents' visitor visa

mthakershi

I am on H1B visa (expiring mid-November and PERM LCA still pending). My wife recently got H1B and will start work from October 15, 2013.

We would like to apply for my wife's parents (my in-laws) visitor visa so that they can visit us in January 2014.

Now, based on our current visa situation, I have some questions. It would be helpful if someone can answer or guide.

1. We have once, in past, applied in 2011 for their visitor visa but they didn't get it. I was mentioned as main sponsor. At that time, my wife was on H4 visa. During that appointment, the visa offer asked for H4 visa copy and gave a generic letter saying "they don't have strong enough ties back in India". My wife is the only child of her parents.

2. Now, we are planning to put my wife as main sponsor (as she is direct relative and has H1B visa) and I will be the financial co-sponsor of their trip. But my wife will start work from October 15, 2013 and she won't have 3 month paychecks until January. So, do we have to wait until then? Or can we apply for visa right away without or fewer paychecks? We can give them I-797, work letter, bank statement and invitation letter.

3. If above is not possible, can we apply for their visitor visa on my H1B which is expiring mid-November and I am not sure when PERM LCA will be resolved?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

I am on H1B visa (expiring mid-November and PERM LCA still pending). My wife recently got H1B and will start work from October 15, 2013.

We would like to apply for my wife's parents (my in-laws) visitor visa so that they can visit us in January 2014.

Now, based on our current visa situation, I have some questions. It would be helpful if someone can answer or guide.

1. We have once, in past, applied in 2011 for their visitor visa but they didn't get it. I was mentioned as main sponsor. At that time, my wife was on H4 visa. During that appointment, the visa offer asked for H4 visa copy and gave a generic letter saying "they don't have strong enough ties back in India". My wife is the only child of her parents.

2. Now, we are planning to put my wife as main sponsor (as she is direct relative and has H1B visa) and I will be the financial co-sponsor of their trip. But my wife will start work from October 15, 2013 and she won't have 3 month paychecks until January. So, do we have to wait until then? Or can we apply for visa right away without or fewer paychecks? We can give them I-797, work letter, bank statement and invitation letter.

3. If above is not possible, can we apply for their visitor visa on my H1B which is expiring mid-November and I am not sure when PERM LCA will be resolved?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Both you and your wife stay out of sponsoring. There is nothing like that. You guys can send them an invitation letter and letter or form of support. Let them apply using their own documents and show evidence of strong ties to home country in the form of documents and convince VO during interview. And, the reason given by VO during earlier visa interview is not generic but it is specific to your in-laws case as you had said she is the only child. You could also take the help of murthy firm

During that appointment, the visa offer asked for H4 visa copy and gave a generic letter saying "they don't have strong enough ties back in India". My wife is the only child of her parents.

Visiting visa applicants has to show that they has strong ties back in India. By sponsoring someone clearly says that they doesn't have enough money to visit which means they are dependent on sponsor. And no matter how many times you file it will be the same out come.

FYI, their is nothing called sponsoring for visiting visa. Let them do it by themselves and you stay away from the it.

Thanks all for your help.

Parents are retired. They do not have a very high income other than pension. My wife is their only child. Would it be OK if we were to deposit money in their account and obtain bank statement in 2-3 months and then go for the visa interview?

that would not work...show the property documents or any other assets...hope they are not coming for baby sitting...as thats not allowed.

Parents are retired. They do not have a very high income other than pension. My wife is their only child. Would it be OK if we were to deposit money in their account and obtain bank statement in 2-3 months and then go for the visa interview?

Having funds (liquid cash) in bank account is not a strong reason to issue a visa. Take the help of murthy law firm.

Having enough funds doesn't help. Dependent kids or properties or job will help as they show strong ties.

Better consult an attorney.

Archived