Successful H1B visa stamping at Vancouver, Canada on Sep 20, 2013

vmusername

I would like to appreciate administrators of murthy forum for organizing this site so effectively. Also, thanks to everyone who shared their experiences.

Here is how my interview ended with visa approval at Vancouver, Canada:

counter 6, male, around 35.

- is this your first h1
ans: i said yes, my first h1 stamping

- did you do your education in US

- which university

- which degree

- which specilization

- when did you completed
ans: I completed in 2007

- what did u do next
ans: I joined MBA and continued my job along with it

- when did you completed MBA
ans: explained that I could not able to complete it

- why
ans: due to recession (it was 2008-2009 time), jobs are getting tough during that time. so, wanted to focus more on my job

- who is your employer

- is your employer your client?
ans: no

- who is your client

- what does they do

- where do you work (location)

- where do you stay (location)

along with the city names, I continued to say, even though both are different states, the time to travel is about 40 minutes. Also said, I do car pool.
VO just nodded his head and gave me an impression that he already knows about those cities.

- asked for LCA, paystubs, driver's license, and offer letter

- while looking at those documents, how frequently do you communicate with your employer
ans: while I was answering this question, he gave me back all my documents. I thought I got my visa

- VO looked at computer for a while. i was putting all my docs back in bag. VO said, give me a minute

- VO search is going on on and on about 3-5 min

- finally asked, VO said i see no one working at your employer location at specified address
ans: i said yes people are working and told that I in fact went to that place few days back to collect some documents

- how many work at this location?
ans: i asked you mean total number of employees?

- VO asked physically at this location
ans: i said total count and their names

- again searched for a while and finally after 2 minutes, golden words: YOUR VISA IS APPROVED. VO kept my passport, 797 and I think DS confirmation page with him and gave me one document and said: See this document to track your visa status

I think I covered all the questions.

Suggestions: like every one says, just be confident in answering your questions and be ready with all possible documents. even though interview went for a while, VO was actually a cool guy.

Congrats buddy! Can you pls reply the best answer for below questions?

1) how frequently do you communicate with your employer? & how?

2) Do we need to know names of employee at client location or of Employer (Consulting company's?)

3) Do we need any tax documents of our employer too? or its not required as my Employer is hesitant to give.

4)VO didn't ask you for client letter?

5)How soon can we get passport?

Pls reply..

thanks.

1) how frequently do you communicate with your employer? & how?

My employer is located around 7-8 miles from my home. So, I just said the same thing to VO and told him I do communicate as on needed basis.

2) Do we need to know names of employee at client location or of Employer (Consulting company's?)

I do not understand your question about client location. If you are working physically at client location, I would think you need to know names of people working over there. Isn't it??

Regarding names of employees at employer location, better get them. I told him that I went there few days back. That is the reason VO asked me who were physically working over there.

3) Do we need any tax documents of our employer too? or its not required as my Employer is hesitant to give.

Suggest to carry all possible documents to avoid any delay in processing. How ever, I have not seen any post saying that VO asked for employer tax docs at vancouver, canada. I went to counter 6 and friends that came with me went to counter 3 and 4. It seems that VO's at those counters were pretty much asking the same questions (Questions might vary depending on your answer though). And we have not seen a post asking for employer's tax docs. Not saying that VO don't ask for it, But I did not see any post regarding it.

4)VO didn't ask you for client letter?

NOPE. VO at counter 3 is asking for client letter and BTW you can not decide which counter you will get before hand.

5)How soon can we get passport?

min. of 3 business days as of what I have seen so far.

No need to panic. Just show confidence in your answers. Good luck...

Archived