Parents visitor visa rejected, need help

omkar86

Hi

I completed MS program with F1 in US and sent the graduation ceremony invitation letter to parents in April, 2012. I started my MS program in Sept 2010.

My parents applied for visitor visa in April 2012 with the letter and financed by themselves, their visa was rejected under 214(b) i.e. not sufficient ties to home country. My father is retired from a major bank in 2007 and my mother have always been housewife. My father had a temporary job for about a year 2011-2012 which he has resigned sometime in Feb-March (~1.5 month before the visa interview).

We tried second time with the same letter in May 2012 and explained visa officer about parent's real estate and other possessions in India; but to no help. Visa was rejected under same reason.

I am now working full time in US for about 1.5 year and have H1B visa.

1. Is it advisable that I sponsor my parents visa this time? Or sponsoring themselves will be better?

2. If I am sponsoring their visa, can I show funds from NRE account? Is US bank account preferred over NRE account for financial responsibility. NRE funds can easily be re-patriated.

3. Is it advisable that my father takes a temporary job just for the sake of getting visa approved?

4. Any other measures I can take to increase their chances of getting visitor visa?

Will I get additional help if I opt for Murthy services over phone?

Thanks!

Omkar

Hi

I completed MS program with F1 in US and sent the graduation ceremony invitation letter to parents in April, 2012. I started my MS program in Sept 2010.

My parents applied for visitor visa in April 2012 with the letter and financed by themselves, their visa was rejected under 214(b) i.e. not sufficient ties to home country. My father is retired from a major bank in 2007 and my mother have always been housewife. My father had a temporary job for about a year 2011-2012 which he has resigned sometime in Feb-March (~1.5 month before the visa interview).

We tried second time with the same letter in May 2012 and explained visa officer about parent's real estate and other possessions in India; but to no help. Visa was rejected under same reason.

I am now working full time in US for about 1.5 year and have H1B visa.

1. Is it advisable that I sponsor my parents visa this time? Or sponsoring themselves will be better?

2. If I am sponsoring their visa, can I show funds from NRE account? Is US bank account preferred over NRE account for financial responsibility. NRE funds can easily be re-patriated.

3. Is it advisable that my father takes a temporary job just for the sake of getting visa approved?

4. Any other measures I can take to increase their chances of getting visitor visa?

Will I get additional help if I opt for Murthy services over phone?

Thanks!

Omkar

Two times same reason being cited by VO. Take the help of murthy law firm and act accordingly.

Archived