MTR processing time for denied case

dixitd

i ahve new update, my lawer mailed the appeal to the phoenix office isntead of directly sending to CA where my original petition was rejected, im assuming that is the reason for update below, they rerouted my appeal form.

"On October 11, 2013, your address was changed relating to the I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER that you filed. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case"

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your update. So it took like about a week for USCIS to get the receipt number right? i will check with my employer . So we have no updates on the processing time.. hope the government shut down does not affect the processing time. keep us posted with any developments on your case. Thanks

So, I just go to know my receipt number on I290B and it says Initial review. Anyone knows how long do they actually take to process after it moves to Inital review? Kindly update me if anyone has experience anything similar.

I applied 2 weeks before, Didn't get any update.....How much time does it takes to you to get the new reciept  for you ?

they gave receipt immediately within a week, have your employer call uscis to get receipt number and track it

Applied for MTR on Sep 27th. And its updated in the system as of that date. It says initial review. Just hope i get to hear something soon.. It was sent to VCS i believe. 

Hi Sandr1,

Wht does your status say now? 

Still the same, that the address was changed, since they jsut resent to the Califronia center, I believe my wait tiem increased. Should've sent there right away, my lawyer sent to the phoenix general office. This wait is tiresome, plus my OPT ending soon, i wish we get results fast.

they gave receipt immediately within a week, have your employer call uscis to get receipt number and track it

Still the same, that the address was changed, since they jsut resent to the Califronia center, I believe my wait tiem increased. Should've sent there right away, my lawyer sent to the phoenix general office. This wait is tiresome, plus my OPT ending soon, i wish we get results fast.

I really Wish we get the results fast. ! keep me posted with any developments on your case. Also let me know if your attorney has any information on the MTR processing time.

Hi Sandr01 and vikas

Do you have any idea about travelling in F1 while MTR are in process? Does it shows on your sevis?

Not sure if it shows on sevis, i'd not think so. Have read forums where people go on MTR and come back on h1b, but not an f1 so far. Perhaps if you are on valid OPT then you could try go, one time i was travelling when my first OPT was almost over, the immigration officer at airport saw just 2 months left on there and said "since it's just two months i'll let you in", very well could've been the opposite reaction.

I really Wish we get the results fast. ! keep me posted with any developments on your case. Also let me know if your attorney has any information on the MTR processing time.

Not happy with the lawyer, I'd not trust anything he says, best to just read forums and gauge timeframes from individual cases. It's defintely a 3 months wait (shorter based on luck), and worst cases i have seen is 9 months.

Hi Sandr01 and vikas

Do you have any idea about travelling in F1 while MTR are in process? Does it shows on your sevis?

Hi Viswa.

It is possible to travel on F1 visa as long as you have a valid CPT i20 or a normal Student i20 or valid OPT. Unless you have any of these valid documents it is not possible to travel. Also when you apply for you H1 visa, your SEVIS record would read change of Status. But once it is rejected/denied, i am sure you automatically enter the 60 days grace period. The MTR we have applied for is no way going to show up on your receipt untill your H1 is approved during ur travel. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Vikas

Hi Guys,

I am in same boat with you guys but I am very unfortunate with H1-B denial just for E-E relationship inspite of submitting all docs. Mine is an EVC model and We submitted all aggrements and letters from both Vendor and Client.

Here is the story: My employer applied for my 1st H1-B on April 1st,2013 thru California Center. We got an RFE for E-E relationship on April 29th, 2013. My employer responded to RFE and H1-B denied on Sep 4th, 2013 saying that E-E relationship is not satisfactory.

My employer sent Form1290B with fee to USCIS CA Center requesting MTR on Oct 3rd, 2013. We provided some more additonal documentation to prove E-E relationship this time. We received Receipt Notice on Oct 14th, 2013 and

I received a new receipt number and current online STATUS is as follows:

Initial Review

On October 4, 2013, we received this I290B NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

I hope we all can here the decisions soon on our MTR's. Lets hope for the best.

Good Luck! Guys.

Thanks!

Reddy

Not happy with the lawyer, I'd not trust anything he says, best to just read forums and gauge timeframes from individual cases. It's defintely a 3 months wait (shorter based on luck), and worst cases i have seen is 9 months.

I agree, even I don't trust my lawyer. He is asking me to continue working even after OPT expiration. He said he is confident that MTR will get approved later on. I am NOT going by his advise. I will stop working right away.

Not sure if it shows on sevis, i'd not think so. Have read forums where people go on MTR and come back on h1b, but not an f1 so far. Perhaps if you are on valid OPT then you could try go, one time i was travelling when my first OPT was almost over, the immigration officer at airport saw just 2 months left on there and said "since it's just two months i'll let you in", very well could've been the opposite reaction.

Yes, it does show up on SEVIS sometimes. My employer hided the fact that my H1B was denied. I got a call from my university saying that

my SEVIS status shows 'denied'. They said SEVIS gets updated in some cases, not all the time.

Alright.. I hope this wait ends soon. 3 months is a real long time to wait.. Fingers crossed.

Yes and that can be a "minimum" timeframe of wait, when i see the others waited for 9 months, i'll be more than happy if i have to wait only 3 months!

@Reddymk: wow they rejected even after client letter? In my MTR the only thing different is that I have submitted a new client letter that's suppsoed to help turn ths case around. Hope it works, your lawyer did good by sending directly to the service center, mine delayed things further sending it to the wrong location. Good luck to you, we are all waiting with you, hope for the best! Don't forget to update here!

I agree, even I don't trust my lawyer. He is asking me to continue working even after OPT expiration. He said he is confident that MTR will get approved later on. I am NOT going by his advise. I will stop working right away.

Yes even i will stop working once my OPT is done, but then there is "cap-gap" i dont know how it works for people who already have a h1b rejection and have MTR, i'll look into it and udpate. These consultancy lawyers are terrible, I don't get how they give such bad advises, and actually go to the point of practising in their field.They must be working cheap that's why they got hired by company, mine has such bad English as well, just my luck that i have to deal with this kinda lawyer with MTR and all. Update whenever your status changes, good luck.

Hi Viswa.

It is possible to travel on F1 visa as long as you have a valid CPT i20 or a normal Student i20 or valid OPT. Unless you have any of these valid documents it is not possible to travel. Also when you apply for you H1 visa, your SEVIS record would read change of Status. But once it is rejected/denied, i am sure you automatically enter the 60 days grace period. The MTR we have applied for is no way going to show up on your receipt untill your H1 is approved during ur travel. Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Vikas

Hi Thejas,

Thanks for the information, I still have some questions one this ....if u dont mind ping me *** *** ****, thanks man. How about your MTR . Did you get any updates? when is filing date.

HI Sandr01

Any updated on your MTR? how do we know H1 entry shows in SEVIS or not.If you have any info about SEVIS update and how to check SEVIS.Please share it to me. Thanks

Hi Thejas,

Thanks for the information, I still have some questions one this ....if u dont mind ping me *** *** ****, thanks man. How about your MTR . Did you get any updates? when is filing date.

HI Sandr01

Any updated on your MTR? how do we know H1 entry shows in SEVIS or not.If you have any info about SEVIS update and how to check SEVIS.Please share it to me. Thanks

Hey Viswa,

This forum does not let you share your personal information here. So better update your profile and share it with anyone who may need to contact you on phone. Anyways, SEVIS status would be Active when you are a student. When you apply for your H1B it would read 'Change of Status', when you are in change of status and your OPT is expiring you are eligible for CAP-GAP Extension. So when your petition is denied, SEVIS status would read 'Change of Status denied'. And you automatically enter the 60 day grace period from the day it was denied(If you are on CAP-GAP). If you still have your OPT Valid then you can work till the last date on your OPT and After that you would have to transfer your SEVIS to a new school. Applying for MTR does not give you a legal status to work or stay in US. You either have to take up school admission or leave the country. And it is not advisable to leave the country when you have applied for MTR and you have entered your 60 day grace period, unless you have taken up admission in a school that can give you a i20. Let me know if that helps.

HI Sandr01

No updates yet, i believe i'm at square one with my application as it was just sent to the CA center from the arizona office as per my case status update on oct 11.  I guess thejas answered your h1 sevis doubt, i don't know much on that part.

Hello All,

No Updates on my case. Anyupdates from others? Keep the thread running by providing updates.

Thanks!

Reddy

Reddymk:

I am not clear with one thing. Why did your lawyer send the MTR directly to the CA service center? My denial letter clearly stated that any appeal or MTR 

should be sent to Phoenix, AZ. I know it takes longer through Phoenix but we had to follow the instructions as per the denial letter.

Its tempting to send the MTR directly to the service center that processed the case but isin't there risk involved as USCIS may say that you were

supposed to send it through Phoenix? Not sure if USCIS has ever responded this way but I am curious to understand it.

No updates on my case yet.

Reddymk:

I am not clear with one thing. Why did your lawyer send the MTR directly to the CA service center? My denial letter clearly stated that any appeal or MTR 

should be sent to Phoenix, AZ. I know it takes longer through Phoenix but we had to follow the instructions as per the denial letter.

Its tempting to send the MTR directly to the service center that processed the case but isin't there risk involved as USCIS may say that you were

supposed to send it through Phoenix? Not sure if USCIS has ever responded this way but I am curious to understand it.

No updates on my case yet.

Is that so?  So far i have only read people sending directly online and it seems to be ok as they have gotten approvals as well. My lawyer sent to the phoenix office, but i thought that's only for appeals. If the document states that then what he did is correct, i will have to read through it. No updates... 

Is that so?  So far i have only read people sending directly online and it seems to be ok as they have gotten approvals as well. My lawyer sent to the phoenix office, but i thought that's only for appeals. If the document states that then what he did is correct, i will have to read through it. No updates... 

My MTR Receipt still shows 'Initial Review' but my original receipt number (which was denied) changed to following status:

'At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information.'

Sandr01: What's the online status on your 'original' receipt? The one which was denied. Is it still 'clock stopped'?

Thanks

Archived