Experience from Current Employer

dell2012

I have been working with my current Employer Since Jan 2010

Jan 2010 - Oct 2010 - Business Intelligence(BI) Quality Assurance Intern

Nov 2010 - Present - Quality Assurance Engineer for BI

However all this time I did not really do any QA work. It was all development work related to SSIS and SQL. So now they are changing my profile Title to Software Developer. 

So If they change my profile title to s/w developer from Jan 2014 and then file my Green card - I have the following questions:-

1. Can the Experience from the Jan 2010 - Dec 2013 be counted for GC Application?

2. Will it be a problem that they are applying for GC for s/w developer position - but the Jan 2010-Dec 2013 experience will be a QA experience as per the Title?

3. I have MS in Computer Science from university in USA. Can I file in EB2 If I have more experience except the current 4 years with the current employer?

Thanks!!

1. Experience with the current employer only counts when the new position is significantly dissimilar to the previous position (atleast 50% different Job responsibilities)

2. Title is irrelevant w.r.to the years of experience.

Title is relevant to the Wage limit only w.r.to a geographical location. Example: Software Developer's wage limit in NYC for an EB2 is different from the same title holder in Utah.

3. To determine your eligibility for EB2, one needs to know about the Job requirement. (Does not count even if you have PhD degree from a top university in US if the job description does not want that PhD degree as a "required" qualification. "Optional" job requirements donot qualify for the minimum requirements for any GC application.)

So in your example,

Scenario 1 - Your Job description for Software Developer MUST say "Masters in Computer Science required with atleast 2 years of experience".

Scenario 2 - Bachelors Required. Masters Degree is preferred/Optional will not help with your eligibility for EB2

Archived