H1 B DENIED & SEVIS EXPIRED-MTR UNDER PROCESS

krism

Hello Guys,

I have a  and bachelors degree and masters degree  in  computers from india and USA.When I had applied for H1b in april 2013,they raised an RFE stating that they need a letter from a Master mind stating that there is a bridge(relation) between my studies and job and also requested my original transcripts.I have  submitted all the required documents.

After 10 business days of submission,I have received an email  from my attorney stating my H1b application  got denied.

Reason:My BS in  computer science and MS in computer science   is nowhere related to my current job as a Java developer(programmer analyst).

And I have applied for MTR and is currently under process.

My questions are

1. I got an i20 from XXX university,but SEVIS got expired and they are not willing to transfer my expired SEVIS.Do I have to go to Mexico and get the reinstatement and get the new i20/SEVIS to stay in US until my MTR approves ?? or 

2.Am I eligible to legally work in this country as my MTR is still under process?

Please please reply me guys,I'm really in a very bad situation.

Thank you folks in advance.!!!

@rahul412:ya that's the reason for  the rejection.Even my attorney that he haven't seen a case  like mine in his last 12 year service.Its all my bad luck.

@COSGBC: my sevis got expired on 30 August 2013(including 30 days grace period),My opt extension got expired at June 30 2013.My university has given me a cap gap i-20 after I gave my  WAC # in april. I thought I can work on capgap duration by oct 1.Now my h1 application alos denied,I dont think so my capgap is valid now...

@rahul412:ya that's the reason for  the rejection.Even my attorney that he haven't seen a case  like mine in his last 12 year service.Its all my bad luck.

@COSGBC: my sevis got expired on 30 August 2013(including 30 days grace period),My opt extension got expired at June 30 2013.My university has given me a cap gap i-20 after I gave my  WAC # in april. I thought I can work on capgap duration by oct 1.Now my h1 application alos denied,I dont think so my capgap is valid now...

What did your employer said??

Let us know the outcome of the MTR

• 3 months later...

Archived