Green Card processing for Rest of the world

srihema23

Little background: I am an Indian and have an Indian passport but born in BHUTAN. I have green card processing initiated my first employer in 2006. Since then I have change two jobs but didn't file AC21 (someone told, I don't need to). My Priority Date is: May 2006 and since green card processing is based on country of birth, I should have gotten my Green Card by now. The current processing time for Bhutan (i.e. Rest of the World) is somewhere in 2009. 

Since I didn't get any update from USCIS, last month I went to local InfoPass location and enquired. They opened a service ticket and told me that USCIS have to respond in 2 weeks. I get a response in 2 weeks from Texas office saying that  "After careful review of your requests, it has been determined that your case has been transferred out of this office. You issues will be best addressed by the USCIS office having jurisdiction over your case. Therefore, we have forwarded your service request to the Nebraska Service Center."

Next day itself, I receive another mail - this time from Nebraska center. I was disappointed by their response that read - "Recently, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is the summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

You petition/application is still pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition/application."

Now what? I didn't get any reason on why/what happened to my application.

Someone told me that I should got to the local congressmen and discuss my case. They said, if congressmen enquires, USCIS has to respond with the real reason for the delay in processing. Is it true? Do you suggest it or something else? I would appreciate if someone can help me on what I should be doing. Or contact my original lawyer. 

Thanks in advance.

Archived