H4 interview in september

Ksr_0810

fyi, client letter is not needed for prior submission. My wife attended on 8/22 and her visa got approved. I also had so many confusions while preparing the docs. So, we prepared for the best to have everything. But when we try to submit Client letter and everything 4 days prior..the personnal at the consulate didn't take thos.. and they accepeted only...

1. Interview letter

2. DS-160 confirmation page

3. Original HDFC receipts

4. Passport size photo

5. Passport copies

6. H1B's I-797 copy etc..

and asked us to bring the remaining docs for interview, surprisngly they didn't ask my wife any docs/questions related to client...i can't say they don't ask but we prepared for everything...bu in my case they didn't ask any.

And also one more confusion i had is ..i saw that we need to show Original I-797 (H1B's) for H4, but as i am currently staying in US and my wife only went to India for stamping, as you all know that we alwasy has to carry our H1B while we are US as that is the legal doc that we always need to have/carry...so i dared ot to send the Original and no one asked for origanl in the interview...hoep this helps!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife is going to attend H4 visa in octber. Have to prepared the Vedor/Client letetrs? Please let us know. If possible please let me know the format of thouse letters

Thanks

Originally posted by c3b2a1:

fyi, client letter is not needed for prior submission. My wife attended on 8/22 and her visa got approved. I also had so many confusions while preparing the docs. So, we prepared for the best to have everything. But when we try to submit Client letter and everything 4 days prior..the personnal at the consulate didn't take thos.. and they accepeted only...

1. Interview letter

2. DS-160 confirmation page

3. Original HDFC receipts

4. Passport size photo

5. Passport copies

6. H1B's I-797 copy etc..

and asked us to bring the remaining docs for interview, surprisngly they didn't ask my wife any docs/questions related to client...i can't say they don't ask but we prepared for everything...bu in my case they didn't ask any.

And also one more confusion i had is ..i saw that we need to show Original I-797 (H1B's) for H4, but as i am currently staying in US and my wife only went to India for stamping, as you all know that we alwasy has to carry our H1B while we are US as that is the legal doc that we always need to have/carry...so i dared ot to send the Original and no one asked for origanl in the interview...hoep this helps!!!

Archived