B2 Visa for prospective student

ravish84

Hi 

I am currently working in India with a software company and planning to apply for my MBA in US. But, before applying I want to come to US and visit different universities. My girlfriend is already  in US on her F1 visa and is doing her OPT with a company. I will be staying with her for the duration of visit and  she can provide sponsorship endorsements too if needed. My question is would it be possible to get B2 visa on these credentials and would it in any way affect my chances of getting a F1 visa in future ? 

Hi 

I am currently working in India with a software company and planning to apply for my MBA in US. But, before applying I want to come to US and visit different universities. My girlfriend is already  in US on her F1 visa and is doing her OPT with a company. I will be staying with her for the duration of visit and  she can provide sponsorship endorsements too if needed. My question is would it be possible to get B2 visa on these credentials and would it in any way affect my chances of getting a F1 visa in future ? 

Tough to get a B2 visa based on your reason. Wait for other members opinion.

Hi 

F1 student cannot sponsor a person since he/she is not working in US. Their is nothing called sponsorship for visa and your chances of getting visiting visa will be very less if she is involved in this process.

I don't understand why you are planning to apply visiting visa when you are good for F1 visa.

Hi 

Getting a B2 visa for your would be difficult under the circumstances...but telling the VO the real reason - to check out Univ would give you a denial straightaway...these days you can go online to the Univ website and Check out everything and whatever you need. Googlemaps would even show you the surroundings.

Archived