OPT RFE

santu.krishna

Hello,

I have finished my masters and applied for OPT. I received a RFE which is asking evidence if I have taken CPT. I requested for a CPT from the university for Spring and submitted employer letter. I was offered CPT I20 and after getting the CPTI20 due to some personal reasons I never worked in CPT (not even a single day) and I did not know at that tine that I have  to cancel the CPT and I never canceled the CPT. In summer I was able to find an Internship and requested for a CPT I20 and by the time I started working, as I was expecting the CPT I20 to arrive  from the univ as I already placed the request. 2 months passed as my employer was asking for the work documents. I requested for the document from my University because they were delaying it and they said they approved it and I can collect it. Unfortunately after 2 days of I speaking to the University that university got raided and they lost their sevis access.

As told by USCIS to take transfer to different Univ I transferred to a accredited and  decent University and finished my Masters. I was in an impression that I have an CPT approved. Now they got their SEVIS back and I am asking them for my CPT I20 and they told me that my CPT was not approved and they dont have any CPT I20. I asked that I was told that my CPT I20 was accepted and I can collect next week. I am not able to get correct information from any one in the Univ.  Now I have a RFE asking evidence if i have taken a CPT. 

I Have 2 questions ahead to answer and dont know what documents to submit

1. I took CPT but never used it and don't know what document should I submit to explain them that I have not used CPT.

2. I worked for 2 months and later realized that my CPT I20 was not accepted which is not legal.

I know I have done foolish things but dont know what to do now. Can you please give me some suggestion what to do in this situation.

Thankyou.

Care to tell us which university that was?

From some of the timeline, it looks like **** (since they were raided in summer of 2011.)

I doubt that you get anything useful out of the remains of ****, since they are out of business.

You worked illegally, and that will likely mean you won't get OPT.

You should discuss your situation in detail with a good immigration lawyer.

Archived