POE question after arrest

antelopeway

I was arrested for Assault (domestic), in canada, the case was dismissed with nolle pro/stayed charges. no conviction, and neither any pre-trial diversion.

I wanted to know what question i can expect at POE?

I did mention the arrest in ds160 and was only asked if I have any arrest record in  US during the visa interview. the VO did not even see the final court document. 

However I am having nightmares now how this is going to effect at POE. 

Could any one please advise?

I was arrested for Assault (domestic), in canada, the case was dismissed with nolle pro/stayed charges. no conviction, and neither any pre-trial diversion.

I wanted to know what question i can expect at POE?

I did mention the arrest in ds160 and was only asked if I have any arrest record in  US during the visa interview. the VO did not even see the final court document. 

However I am having nightmares now how this is going to effect at POE. 

Could any one please advise?

Hi,

I am in exactly same situation like you. I was arrested, then charges withdrawn and then I signed a Pease bond for 1 year.

I have been hesitant to apply for US visa since then.

Did the US consulate interviewer asks anything about the arrest or the charges or the incident? You story would be helpfull.

For POE: just an idea why don't you try calling POE. I tried asking same question from Ottawa airport US immigration officer on phone and he said I shouldn't have any issues traveling. If you travel by air atleast you would know the outcome of what would happen before travel and at Canadian soil and the worse case is denied entry. But if you travel by road then then can do whatever the hell they want. You are sitting in their office and at US soil. This is just my thinking please validate before acting. I am not an attorney just an ordinary person like you.

Custom number:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Opens at 5 a.m. daily

613-523-8120

• 4 months later...

Archived