Document Required for Stamping in India

DebR

Hello Experts

My H1 from previous employer valid till Aug 2014 . I am planning for vacation to India. But since I have change the employer in US (joined on Nov 2013) I need to stamp the visa in India before enter .

I got I797 from current employer .It would be great help if you please let me know what are the other documents required for the stamping in India .By the way my current employer is US employer .

Thanks

D

Hi Omshiv

Thanks for the reply . 

You said not necessarily I need stamping . Sorry I didn't understand why ? I have new I797 where visa expired mentioned as Aug 2015 .If I will not stamp what could be the impact because I left previous employer and employer name mentioned in H1 stamp. Can this be a problem while entering in US after vacation on Jan 2014.

So for e.g. if I want to go to India again on Dec 2014 I can't go via EU without transit and need to get stamped that time for sure . That's what you mean ?

If I want to do stamping anyways is it okay or any harm ?

Thanks again

Hi Omshiv

Thanks for the reply . 

You said not necessarily I need stamping . Sorry I didn't understand why ? I have new I797 where visa expired mentioned as Aug 2015 .If I will not stamp what could be the impact because I left previous employer and employer name mentioned in H1 stamp. Can this be a problem while entering in US after vacation on Jan 2014.

So for e.g. if I want to go to India again on Dec 2014 I can't go via EU without transit and need to get stamped that time for sure . That's what you mean ?

If I want to do stamping anyways is it okay or any harm ?

Thanks again

As omshiv mentioned, if your H1B visa from old employer is valid and you have a new I9797 from new employer then you can enter US (before visa expiry date) with out a new H1B visa stamped to your passport. You just need to show your new I797 at POE

The Reason I mentioned that its not mandatory to go for Visa Stamping is that your Current visa (previous employer's) stamped on your passport is still Valid till Aug 2014. So all you need to do is when you enter back to US from your vacation, you'll just need to show your new (employer's) H1 petition (797) and you'll get I-94 based on the new dates.

I have travelled like this back in my days.

Archived